Chapter 51

Juice was supposed to go to Shawn's place that night for dinner, but called to cancel. Something had come up with the club that was an emergency and they needed him. Shawn didn't hear from him all the next day or the day after. She had decided to go into the studio that day even though it was a Sunday and no one would be there, to get caught up on some things and brainstorm for their next movie. As she arrived home that night, she debated on heading to the clubhouse to make sure he was alive.

Shawn pulled up to her garage and pushed the button to open the door. As it rose, she saw a bike in her garage and Juice sitting on it, playing with his phone. She pulled the car in and got out.

"Two days," she said.

"Sorry," Juice apologized. "I had my hands full. Kind of literally."

"What do you mean?"

"The night I cancelled on you? This Irishman we work with got shot. Chibs got the bullet out, but he was bleeding out, so Chibs used my finger to plug it up. I was stuck there until Tara eventually showed up."

"Holy shit."

"Yeah. Then I was just exhausted and ended up passing out at the clubhouse. Really, though, I feel like shit for leaving you hanging."

Shawn shrugged. "You're alive. And I'm assuming everyone else is too, right?"

"Yeahi. Tara fixed the Irishman right up."

"Then it's fine," Shawn wrapped her arms around his neck to peck his lips. "Don't make a habit out of it, though."

"You got it, babe. Now gimme a real kiss."

Shawn smiled and did what he said. After, Juice followed her into the house where he flopped onto her couch.

"Let's order food," he said.

"You going to let me pay?" Shawn asked as she sat down next to him.

"You know what, I might," Juice grinned. "I sort of hacked into your bank."

"Of course you did."

"You weren't kidding when you said you have money."

"I'm the second highest paid person at Cara Cara besides Luanne. Except I didn't blow my money on a Corvette and a boob job."

"You don't need a boob job," Juice pointed out. "What kind of food do you want?"

"I could go for some sushi."

Juice wrinkled his nose. "Can't we just get pizza?"

"We always get pizza. C'mon it's good. I promise. Plus, I'm buying."

Juice caved and Shawn ordered their food. Once it was delivered, they settled in on the couch to eat and watch a movie. But they didn't make it until the end of the movie before they both fell asleep on her couch.

A ringing phone woke Juice the next morning. Shawn was mostly on top of him, but he managed to pull his phone out of his pants pocket without disturbing her. He looked at his phone to see a dark, blank screen. Then he woke up enough to realize that it wasn't even his ring tone.

"Shawn," he said and kissed her forehead. "It's your's."

Shawn groaned, but leaned over to her coffee table where her phone sat. She answered it without seeing who it was.

"Hello?"

"We have troubles," Lyla's voice came through the phone.

"Why? What's going on?"

"ATF is raiding the studio right now."

Shawn sat up suddenly. "What?"

"They found Luanne's stash of drugs and are arrested her for it, too."

"Shit!" Shawn jumped up off the couch and grabbed her shoes to pull them on. "I'll be there in ten minutes, ok?"

"That's not a good idea, darling."

"Why not?"

"They're looking for you, too."

"Oh, son of a bitch. For what?"

"Didn't say. Your place is next. I'm calling to warn you. You might want to get out of there and lay low for awhile."

"Alright. Thanks. Bye," Shawn said and hung up. Juice had sat up and listened to her side of the conversation.

"What's going on?"

"ATF raided Cara Cara and arrested Luanne. Apparently they're looking for me now, too."

"Let's get to the clubhouse. Call Jax on the way and fill him in."

Shawn nodded and they left immediately. Shawn called Jax first, then Cherry called her to tell her ATF was going after all the women. When she hung up with Cherry, she blew out a long puff of air. This was going to be a long day.