Chapter 63

Shawn asked Lyla to go to dinner that night, but since she didn't have anyone who could watch Piper, Lyla offered to have Shawn over to her place instead. Shawn accepted Lyla's invite, but convinced her into letting her bring over a pizza from Piper's favorite place.

Shawn had ordered the pizza before leaving the studio. By the time she got home and changed her clothes, it was time to pick it up and head to Lyla's. Shawn had no problem finding her place and parked behind her building. Lyla's townhouse was similar to Juice's, except Lyla had a back porch with a door there, which is where Lyla told Shawn to go. Shawn knocked on the back door and Piper answered.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" the little boy asked in a friendly voice.

"I am in serious trouble, Piper. I bought this pizza and can't eat it all. Do you think you could help me?"

Piper laughed and nodded. Lyla came up behind him then.

"What did I say about answering the door by yourself?" Lyla asked him.

"Not to answer the door to strangers, but Shawn isn't a stranger."

"Damn. He got me there. Come on in. Have trouble finding the place?"

"No. Actually Juice lives just a few streets that way," Shawn told her and motioned in the direction with her thumb.

"Oh yeah? Are you there often?" Lyla asked with a smirk.

"It's pretty new. I've been there a couple of times."

Lyla got Piper a slice of pizza on a plate and sent him to watch tv in the other room.

"So, how's the sex?" Lyla asked once she and Shawn had sat down with their own food and Lyla poured them each a glass of wine.

"It's good," Shawn said with a smile.

"That's it? Good? Do you know how long it's been since I got laid?"

Shawn checked the time on her phone. "About an hour and a half?"

"That's girl on girl stuff. I haven't seen a dick outside of the studio in months. Give me something here."

"It's... so good, Lyla. We've been together long enough that he's figured out what I like without it getting boring."

"Do you think it'll get boring one day?"

"Honestly? Probably not. At least not for a long ass time."

"I hope he wraps his junk."

"He does. He's actually pretty responsible with that. Like once or twice we've gotten carried away in my shower when there wasn't one near by, but other than that we're really careful."

Piper came back into the kitchen to ask for more pizza then. Lyla got him more and poured them each more wine.

"So, as much as I love telling you all about my sex life, that's actually not why I'm here," Shawn said when Piper went back into the living room. "I got a call from Georgie Caruso today."

Lyla's face changed. Shawn knew instantly that he had called her, too. "He called me a couple of days ago. I refused his job offer and he told me I would go work for him one way or the other."

"Did you tell anyone?" Shawn asked, concerned for her friend's safety.

"Just Ima. He called her, too. Guess he's got his eyes on the Saffron Sisters."

"Shit. He get ahold of anyone else?"

"Don't think so. Haven't asked any of the other girls, but no one's brought it up."

"Would you mind maybe asking? I'm just trying to figure out how much of a problem this is. I'd do it myself, but they'd probably open up to you more."

"Yea, of course. No one will leave, though. You and Luanne are good to work for."

"You sure? No one's mad I didn't earn my position?"

"You don't make anyone do anything they don't want to do. You're not a slave driver. I don't think taking a dick up your ass on camera makes someone a good producer."

"Ima agree with you on that?"

Lyla looked at Shawn with a skeptical look. "Do you really care of Ima thinks?"

"No," Shawn admitted and they both laughed.

"I'm pretty sure she's terrified of you, by the way," Lyla said when their laughter quieted down.

"Who? Ima?"

"Yup. She changed those lightbulbs that one day without saying a word. I've never seen her stop bitching that fast when she's in a pissy mood."

"I didn't even say anything bad."

Lyla shrugged. "Want another glass of wine?"

"Probably shouldn't. I have to drive home."

"Just drive to Juice's. I'm sure he wouldn't mind taking care of you while you're drunk. Don't even tell him you're coming. Surprise him."

Shawn thought about it for a second, then smirked. She pushed her glass towards Lyla. "You're probably right."