Chapter 168

The next morning, the judge dismissed Shawn's case and told her she was free to go. Lowen and Tara stayed in the courtroom since Tara's case was the more difficult of the two, but Shawn wasted no time in getting out of there. She walked towards the doors of the courthouse and saw Jax and Juice through the windows waiting outside for them. Her pace quickened and she pushed open the door to leave. Juice looked up and the same look of relief as the other day came over him. He rushed over to her and engulfed her in a hug. Shawn gripped him tightly as she buried her face into his neck.

They stood there like that for a moment, not caring that they were right in the middle of the sidewalk where people were trying to get in and out of the building. Juice began to pull away, but Shawn gripped him tighter.

"Not yet," Shawn said quietly. Juice moved back to hold her some more and kissed her forehead.

"You're safe now. You're okay," Juice told her reassuringly.

Shawn looked up at him and he lowered his head to kiss her. "Can we go home?"

"Can Lowen give you a ride? I'll be right behind you. It's just I was so anxious to get here I totally spaced and rode the Dyna."

"Can't I just ride with you? Just this once? I should fit. I'm not that big, yet."

"Okay," Juice relented. He would have given her anything she wanted at that moment. Juice kissed her, again, and leaned over to kiss her belly. When he stood straight again, he turned to lead her over to the bike. Shawn looked up and made eye contact with Jax for the first time. Shawn couldn't quite figure out the look on his face. It wasn't one she had seen him make before. He gave her a nod.

"Glad you're out," Jax said to her.

"Thanks," Shawn replied awkwardly.

Juice handed her a helmet and she strapped it on. Juice climbed onto the Dyna and Shawn did the same a moment later. Before Juice could start the bike, the door to the courthouse opened, again, and Tara came out. Shawn watched as she walked over to Jax. They didn't hug or kiss. They didn't even speak. Jax handed her a helmet and she got on the back of his bike. Juice started his own as Jax did the same. Right before they could pull away, Jax glanced up at Shawn with the same expression as before. That's when Shawn realized what it was a look of. Jealousy.

They rode home together for most of the way, until Jax and Tara had to go straight at an intersection, while Juice and Shawn turned right. They arrived home and Juice parked the bike in the garage. When they walked in the back door, Shawn looked around.

"Looks clean in here," Shawn commented.

"Yeah, I think I've developed your OCD."

Shawn chuckled. "Only one way to tell."

She walked over to a cabinet and opened it to see all the cans were neatly lined up with the labels facing the same direction. Shawn glanced over her shoulder and smiled at Juice as he shrugged.

"Maybe don't look in the fridge. It's even more organized."

Shawn went over to him and wrapped her arms around him. Juice bent his head to kiss her. Shawn parted her lips and Juice slid his tongue into her mouth, making her sigh. She reached up to grasp his neck. Juice gripped her hips as he tried to pull her closer, but her baby bump make it difficult. Their kiss broke as they both smiled, but only for a moment. Juice leaned down further to kiss her neck and Shawn slid her hands under his shirt to lightly drag her finger nails down his chest and over his abs. His muscles spasmed and he moaned into Shawn's neck. He brought his face back up to hers. After another deep, but brief kiss, Juice rested his forehead against Shawn's.