Chapter 14

Monday morning rolled around and Shawn walked into Cara Cara with a pep in her step, not that she noticed. Someone else did notice, however.

"Good morning, darlin'," Lyla greeted Shawn and followed her into Luanne's office.

"Good morning," Shawn smiled at her friend. "You missed one hell of a party Friday night."

"Yea, couldn't get a babysitter for Piper. Plus, I promised him we'd do something last weekend."

"Oh yea? What did you end up doing?"

"Mini Golf."

"In those shoes?" Shawn asked, eyeing up her 4 inch heels.

"I own other shoes, ya know. Say, what's got you in such a chipper mood?"

"Just had a good weekend. Got a lot of stuff done. Slept in. That sort of thing."

"You got laid," Lyla said with narrowed eyes and a smirk.

"No, I didn't!" Shawn denied Lyla's accusation a little too harshy. Lyla smiled broadly.

"Really?"

Shawn sighed. "Are you going to tell the other girls?"

"You know I won't," Lyla told her, pretending to be offended. Shawn bit her lip and nodded. "Oh. My. GOD! Who?"

"You're acting like I don't get laid ever."

"When was the last time?" Lyla asked.

There was a long pause. "Alright, maybe I don't as often as other people. But, I watch other people have sex all day. Kinda loses it's appeal."

Lyla rolled her eyes. "Yea, tell me about it."

"I guess it would be worse for you, huh?"

Lyla nodded. "Hey! Nice dodge, by the way. Who was it?"

"I... can't tell you."

Luanne came into the office. "We're about ready to get started."

Shawn and Lyla acknowledged Luanne and she walked back out of the office.

"Alright, Trager, you're safe for now, but I'll find out. One way or another," Lyla teased.

"Whatever you say."

"Hey, want to go to lunch today with me?"

"Only if we don't talk about sex," Shawn told her seriously.

"Deal."

* * *

On their lunch break, Shawn drove Lyla and herself to a cafe in the middle of town. Of all the girls at Cara Cara, Lyla had always been Shawn's favorite and they had become friends over the course of their time working there.

It was a nice day and the cafe had outdoor seating, so it seemed like the best choice. Shawn picked a sandwich and soup combo while Lyla ordered grilled chicken salad. They were just about done eating and Lyla had kept up their deal of there being no sex talk. She also hadn't mentioned to anyone anything about Shawn's weekend.

The sound of motorcycles approaching made both girls turn to look as a few members of the Sons of Anarchy rode passed. Shawn clearly could see who was amoung them, but was really only looking for one in particular. She saw Juice towards the back of the group. It didn't seem like any of them noticed her. Until Juice turned his head just slightly to look at her as he rode passed.

Lyla noticed him looking and then looked at Shawn to see her with a small smile on her face.

"So, about your weekend?" Lyla asked, getting Shawn's attention. Shawn looked at Lyla and knew she had noticed the interaction between her and Juice.

"Shit, I'm really no good at this, am I?"

"Sorry, but no. But, then again, I already suspected it was him."

"Why would you suspect that?"

"I caught him checking you out the first time he came into the studio," Lyla admitted.

"Yea, I know. I caught him, too."

"No, I mean he looked a second time."

Shawn smiled. "He did?"

"See? That's what you have to stop if you want this to be a secret. Don't smile when someone brings him up and don't cast longing looks in his direction. I'm assuming you're not telling anyone because of your dad?"

"Yea," Shawn said bitterly. "Not like it really matters how I act. It's never going to happen, again. When could we ever be together without Tig finding out?"

Lyla shrugged. "Maybe I can help with that."