Chapter 134

Shawn and Juice made it a day and a half before the club called Juice and needed him to go into TM for something.

"You can come with me," Juice offered after telling her he had to leave for a bit. "You won't be able to ride the Dyna for much longer. Might as well while we have the chance."

"I'll be fine here," Shawn told him. "You don't need your old lady tagging along."

"No one will mind. Gemma is there all the time."

"It's fine. Really."

"Alright, let me just get my cut and I'll head out," Juice said and kissed her cheek before going upstairs.

Shawn looked around the house. The feeling of deja vu came over her. They had been sitting on the couch watching TV when Juice got a call to go to TM right before she was attacked. She suddenly felt like she couldn't breath. Maybe she shouldn't be alone there. What if he was watching the house, again? What if he was out there, waiting for Juice to leave her alone?

Juice came down the stairs with his cut on and saw the look on Shawn's face.

"Babe? You okay?" Juice asked.

"Maybe I should go with you?"

"Yeah, absolutely. C'mon." They went out to the garage and Juice went to hand her a helmet, but hesitated. "You sure you're okay to ride?"

"Yeah, it'll be okay. I'm not as sore as I was," Shawn assured him.

They rode to TM and walked towards the clubhouse together. Jax was sitting outside with some of the others. He stood and walked towards them.

"Can I talk to her for a minute?" Jax asked Juice.

"Up to her."

"It's fine," Shawn told them both. Juice headed inside and Shawn looked at Jax.

"I'm sorry," he told her. "I was way too pushy with you. No one has ever accused me of exactly being sensitive either."

"Yeah, that's not a word I would use to describe you," Shawn agreed. "I'm sorry, too, for snapping at you."

"I'm just lucky you didn't hit me," Jax said and turned to lead her into the clubhouse.

"I'm lucky you're even apologizing. Isn't just pretending nothing ever happened more your style?"

"I've apologized before," Jax defended himself, but Shawn wasn't buying it.

"Opie made you?"

"Yeah, that, too."

They went into the chapel and Shawn sat at the bar. Chuckie was there and offered her a drink. She asked for a bottle of water and he got it for her. Shawn pulled out her phone and decided on calling Dondo. She had missed a lot of work and was assuming someone had filled him in on what happened. He answered and they talked. She tried to apologize, but he wouldn't hear it. She said she wanted to return to work the next day even though he offered her more time off. The guys were walking out of the chapel right as she was getting off the phone. Opie wrapped an arm around her shoulders and kissed her briefly.

"Jax say he's sorry?" Opie whispered in her ear.

"Yeah."

Opie noticed her bottle of water. "You want a real drink?"

Several of the other guys had gathered around the bar. Juice took a seat next to her and Tig was on the other end of the bar. Shawn looked at Tig.

"Didn't tell anyone, huh?" Shawn asked Tig.