67

As soon as I felt sure that Jungkook would stay in his room after a lot of arguing, I waited an hour or two, I can't tell, before I tiptoe to the door to try and find a way to get it open.

My fingers fiddle with the lock. Maybe there's a way to get a lock pick of some kind.

Arms wrap around me and pull me away and I start screaming.

"Stop it, Y/N!" he throws me on the couch. His hands go to my shoulders and pin me down.

"Let me go!" I try to push on him, but he's too strong.

"I can't..." his voice is only slightly above a whisper. "I can't let you go, Y/N," I stop struggling, but I make sure my eyes don't meet his. The pressure on my shoulders lessen. "Don't make me have to put you back in that dark room. I don't want to, but if I have to, I will."

"Why?"

"Because I can't... let... you... go," his hands come completely off and I sit up on the couch.

"At least tell me why you lied," my eyes blink at him. I have a feeling an explanation won't make it any better, but it would be nice to have one.

"For one," he takes a seat next to me, but I scoot away and he glances at me. "I didn't kill your mom. Taehyung did lie about that. He did it, but I... I was there," his head hung low. My anger rises again. Why didn't he stop him!? He could've saved her and he didn't. "I told him to stop, but it was so sweet, he couldn't."

"Why didn't you stop him by force?!"

"I didn't think it would affect anyone if he had a few more drops," tears welled in my eyes at his words.

"Well, she had a whole family," I get up and go find something to drink, deciding I didn't want an explanation just yet.