51

"Wha- What do you mean "So?"?" 

"You seem to be pretty affected by this, Y/N," both of his hands move to both sides of my head and onto the wall. I'm trapped. 

"What are you talking about?" I'm so afraid to even breathe. He's already so close I don't want him to get any closer. Well, maybe just a little.... no!

"You clearly can't let it go. You just..." he leans in even closer and my eyes widen, "can't get it out of your mind," he whispers. I go into even more of a panic. Is he going to kiss me!? His face gets even closer and I gulp. His lips almost brush mine. No!

I push his shoulders away so I could get some breathing room. "You're misinterpreting. Clearly, I was traumatized by the whole being-drained-of-my-blood thing. And don't try to change the subject about you hiding something," I poke at his chest in the little space we have between us.

He pushes off the wall and goes to the couch, me following. "I'm not hiding anything," he shrugs and plops down onto the white sofa.

"Don't bullshit me," I cross my arms.

"Woah. You kiss your mother with that mouth?" he smirks. At the mention of my mother, my arms fall. When they do, I can tell in his face he realized what he said. "Y/N, I'm sorry..." he got up from his seat.

"It's whatever," I go back into the kitchen to have my soup in peace. Memories of my mom started to flood in and I wish he'd never said anything.