44

"Your apology may be accepted," I try to say while my mouth is filled with soup. "But I won't forget what you did," I swallow the soup and he only nods his head. He must know this is going to be a lot harder than saying "I'm sorry."

"Understandable," he makes his way to sit next to me at the table and I eye him suspiciously. He smirks and leans in, but I only back away. "But you know you can't resist me for long," his voice turned low and I could only look at him as if he'd gone insane.

"You know, your personality just bounces around. One minute you're "Ugh, I'm sorry" the next you're "You want to fuck me, I know it,"," his eyes widen and he suddenly backs away. I raise an eyebrow. "Don't act shy now, it's too late for that," I sigh and continue to eat my soup.

"Well, do you want to?" I almost choke on my soup and he laughs.

"Don't ask such a ridiculous question!" I can feel my face burning up and I turn away from him in fury. How could he ask such a thing? Sure, he's not bad looking, but I would never even cuddle up to a vampire. Not even him. Especially now that I have my guard up much more than before.

"You're turning red," his laughing dies down and he only smirks at me.

"Out of pure anger. If you even put your hands on me I'll-" my sentence stops when my wrist is grabbed, my spoon falling into the bowl, and I'm turned to him, his face only centimeters from mine.

"You'll what?" I take a gulp and resist answering his question. It's quiet when something changes in his eyes. "Mm. As I thought," he rushes away from me. Probably because my smell is giving him too much temptation. I turn and quietly eat my soup for the rest of the evening while he walks away.