53

My eyes open from the dream. My eyes fill with tears. I miss her. 

"I'm sorry it didn't turn out the way we said it would, mom," now I don't even help them, Dad doesn't either, he does the exact opposite. 

But after what happened to her, I found no room for forgiveness. However, I still think the way I did then. That they're misunderstood. That they don't deserve to be killed. Now it's more of an 'I won't kill you, but don't speak to me' relationship between me and vampires.

Except right now I have no choice but to speak to this one. 

"Come on," he sighs.

I sit up from the couch and rub my eyes. "What now?" He takes my hand, but gently this time compared to other times when he's yanked my arm.

"We're getting drunk," my eyes widen.

"Why?" I follow him to the kitchen where I see his little stash of liquor.

"Clearly, I messed up and now you're kind of worked up and stressed, and maybe dying inside just a little," I nod my head. He's not wrong. "I hear this helps," he yanks out a bottle of vodka and I already know I'll be hesitant to drink it.

He pours a shot and slides it towards me. "If I try to do anything stupid, stop me," he rolls his eyes at my worries.

"Bottoms up!" He exclaims, and I take the shot.