62

"Jungkook?" I say gently as he prepares the soup. I purse my lips in the silence. He doesn't answer, but I take that as a cue to speak anyway. "The flowers are pretty," he still doesn't say a word. "Thank you... for them," his face seems to soften and tries to hide a smile, but I can see it, and I feel I'm finally getting somewhere. "I'm sorry about looking around... I was just... curious," I shrug my shoulder. He stops his preparation to look at me. He only shakes his head and laughs and I'm confused.

"I'm surprised you didn't look for an exit," he shakes his head and goes back to it. Oh my god! Why didn't I try to escape!? But I have a feeling I couldn't just leave Jungkook here, alone and depressed.

"So, you're not mad?" I ask, still standing at the doorway of the kitchen.

"No, I'm still pretty mad," I sigh in frustration.

"Why are you mad? You're the one who painted me, I should be the mad one," I try to make a point, but he hits back.

"Don't act mad, first of all, you shouldn't have seen it. Two, how do you know it was you?" before he could say three I interrupt him.

"It looked exactly me, what do you mean how do I know it's me?" I shake my head.

"A lot of things look like you," he smiles. "Oh, and three, you know that shit was beautiful, at least I didn't paint you as a cantaloupe," he waved me off. He had a point, it was pretty.

"Obviously you were trying to make a point with it, what was it?" I ask out of curiosity.

"Wasn't the point obvious?" I shake my head at his question. "You wear a big smile, and spread your little angel wings, but in the background of all that... broken home, inner demons, and you try to cover that and make it go away with those angel wings of yours, but it'll always be there, Y/N," his eyes stay on mine and I'm shocked at how much he actually put into that. "Soup is done."