22

"I'm what!?" I yelped. He covered my mouth with his hand. His face came close and my heart beat faster.

"Stop. Yelling," I nod my head and he lets go of my head. "I already told them I had a gift, now's the time to get those acting skills out," he says, as if it were nothing.

"I have no acting skills," I say low.

"Oh please. You're dad was horrible to you, yet you put on a pretty good show when you went out, didn't you," my eyes widen. Was he always watching me?

"How do you know all this?" I whisper.

"Acting now. Questions later," he grabs my hand and I can't help but to notice how sweaty they were. He's nervous. 

"Wait!" I yank my hand.

"No," he reaches again, but I pull back again and he sighs in frustration. "What?"

"What do I get in return?" I daringly ask. He gives me a questioning face. "I can put on a good show, but I want something in return," he groans and I feel like I finally have a piece of control.

"What the hell do you want?" he asks and I smile. How exciting. I can't ask for freedom. He would never. 

"I want a journal," I state. He seems confused. Out of all things... a journal.

"Fine. Whatever," no time for him to ask I suppose. "Now act as if you're in love with me," my breathing quickens and my eyes widen.

"I what!?" the door opens and two figures stand there. He clears his throat.

"Here she is," I give a strained smile. How fun.