29

"So do you usually let your victims hang out in your living room?" I ask from the sofa I was sitting on, on the far right side, while he sat on the far left.

"I don't let most of my victims live at all," he smirks as if he was threatening me.

"But apparently I just have great blood, right?"

"Correct," he lays back and closes his eyes. There's nothing to do, so while he's here, why not spark a conversation?

"Your parents seem nice," I smile, he keeps his eyes closed and laughs.

"That's a good one."

"I mean other than your mother from time to time looking at me like I'm her next meal, they seemed like decent people."

"Trust me, they're not. I know them more than you. They've done things that I find unforgiving," his muscles flex as he rests his hands on the back of his head.

"Then why invite them over and play nice if you don't like them?" he shrugs at my question, but answers nonetheless.

"They only come over at most once a year. Might as well act like nothing happened. I mean, they did raise me and watched over me for a long, long, long, time," I can only nod my head at his explanation. I suppose it makes a bit of sense.

"So, what did they do that made you so unhappy?" his eyes finally open and he sits up. It's silent for a minute or two before he finally speaks. His eyes meet mine for only a second.

"That's nothing you have to worry about," he pushes off the couch to get up, and he leaves. Alone again.