52

-Past-

"Mommy? Do monsters really exist?" she wiped the hair from my face as I sunk into my sheets.

"I don't think so. There are just misunderstood people," she smiles gently.

"What about vampires?" she sighs at my question.

"Well, sweetie, they didn't really ask to be that way, that's why your dad and I are working on helping them instead of being like other people that kill them. It's just... immoral," I try to make sense of this information.

"But don't they hurt people?"

"It's not like they want to. I mean, they don't have to hurt people, but they don't realize that," I nod my head.

"Is that why Namjoon is staying with us? So you can help him with that?" she smiles that I'm understanding a bit and nods her head. "What if they hurt you? Would you still help them?" the question is hard to ask, but I have to know. She sighs. It must be a difficult thing to answer. 

"Yeah, actually I would. Clearly, they would need more control in their life, I would like to make sure they have it," she smiles again while pushing her long brown hair behind her shoulder and I smile back.

"I want to be like you and Daddy. I want to help them. Plus, I like Namjoon, he's cool. Maybe there are more like him," she gives a laugh. 

"I'm sure you will be like us and help them. But for now," she turns my lamp off and we sit in darkness, "it's time to sleep," she kisses my forehead and walks to the door. "Goodnight, Y/n."

I close my eyes and whisper "I love you."

"Love you too," I hear. Then it's dark.