[ 51 ] 2013

[ 51 ] 2013 

-

"If I can't have my life back, you can't have it either."

-

Harley was sat down in the grass of the large backyard, in a space secluded by trees and rose bushes. Cindy's laptop was atop a stone bench and a song was playing. It was a combination of Snoop Dogg's Drop it like its Hot and The Little Mermaid's Under the Sea.

The newly blonde haired teen watched as Cindy demonstrated the dance steps.

But everything looked so complicated to Harley. "Can you maybe move a bit slower?" She asked Cindy, "I don't think I'm getting it."

"Come on." Cindy smiled, offering her hand to help Harley get on her feet. "I think you'll understand better if you do it with me." She walked over to her laptop and paused the song. 

She stood next to Harley and motioned for her to follow her movements.

Cindy began with the routine moves slowly, and even then, Harley couldn't follow. Her feet and arms wouldn't move the right way and she was getting frustrated. She noticed how Cindy was trying her hardest to contain her laughter, but there was a point where it was too much for her to handle. 

"I'm sorry." She said between laughs. "I'm really sorry. I shouldn't be laughing."

"I'm never going to learn this." Harley bit her lip.

Taking a deep breath to calm herself, Cindy clapped her hands together. "Starting with the Mermaid Drop It was a bad idea. Lets try the band routine. That one is easier."

Harley watched Cindy's movements carefully, trying to follow the steps correctly. Though this routine was much easier, she felt her movements were stiff and she knew Cindy agreed when she said with a giggle. "You look like a dancing robot. People are gonna think you're making fun of Erick."

"Who's Erick?" Harley wondered.

"There's a boy on the soccer team that plays as forward and when he scores, he does the robot as a celebration dance." Cindy explained.

"This is why I didn't want to be a cheerleader." Harley complained.

Cindy patted her on the shoulder reassuringly. "You'll get it. You just need to keep practicing. Come on, try it again."

Harley nodded and attempted to get the routine down. The two girls spent several hours under the shade of the trees until the sun started to go down. That was when Luke went to look for them. "Cindy! Harley! Let's go eat dinner somewhere."

"Uh..." Harley looked at the blue eyed boy who jogged up to them. "Aren't you having dinner with your parents?" Like a normal family, she almost wanted to add. Then she mentally scolded herself for thinking that. Right. Like your own family is normal.

Cindy shook her head. "Dad's too busy at work. And mum is probably out shopping somewhere."

"But its the weekened." Harley pointed out.

"Every day is a work day for dad." Luke told her. "He says one can either have a family life or a lot of money. He chose the money."

"So you two practically live here all by yourselves?" Harley asked.

Cindy nodded, looking down at the ground for a moment before lifting her head to look at Harley. Forcing a smile on her face, she said in her ever present cheerful voice. "We have the people who work for us and our nana Mary is always here. She has cared for us our whole lives."