[ 22 ] 2013

[ 22 ] 2013

"The boss wants you alive."

-

That Saturday, she decided she would stay at home and try to spend a normal weekend by herself. 

She was sat on her bed, with a bowl of popcorn resting on her lap and a can of soda on her nightstand. On her television was a movie playing about the Zodiac killer, a murderer from the late nineteen sixties and early seventies who was killing people in California.

There was a scene where the main character was investigating the murders and found evidence connecting a suspect to the murders through his hand writing.

But as she watched, it turned out the handwriting wasn't by the suspect at all, but rather a man he was interrogating at his house, at night, in the pouring rain. She grabbed a handful of popcorn and stuffed it in her mouth, almost choking on them when Ashton startled her. "Its an hour before the Hemmings kid arives. Shouldn't you be getting ready?"

She shook her head, "I'm no going- Hey. How do you know he invited me?"

"Uh," He began nervously. "Since I know you're pretty reckless and I can travel beyond the house now, I thought it would be a good idea to keep an eye on you when you're not home."

She blushed, "You don't have to do that."

"We're friends, aren't we?" He asked in a hopeful tone. "Friends look out for each other. Besides, a nice young woman like you needs someone who can protect her from danger."

She rolled her eyes playfully. "Relax, Ashton. I appreciate you being protective of me and all, but I think I can take care of myself."

"I'm just trying to help you." He said.

"Your way of thinking is so strange." She commented.

"Its strange that I am being polite?" He asked, on his face was a look of confusion. "I'm just trying to be a gentleman. Maybe its your way of thinking that is strange."

She shrugged. "Maybe. Its just different. Most boys of this time period wouldn't say a lot of the things you say."

Taking a look at the clock on her nightstand, he told her, "I think you should go to that dance. You've hardly done normal teenager things since you found out you were a shifter. You need some normal in your life. Don't spend your youth locked up in your room. You know, I would have given anything to live out my life, but it was cut short."

"But I don't want to go with Luke." She pouted.

"I would take you myself if I were alive." He smiled at her. "But I'm not, so I think you can survive one night with Luke Hemmings."

She sighed, feigning annoyance at him. "Alright, I'll go. But if he drugs me and takes my V, I'll bring you back to life and then re-kill you myself."

Ashton laughed, but his eyes darkened as he said, "If he dares to even think about deflowering you, I will kill him. So don't worry."

"Wow," She breathed, "You're really serious when it comes to protecting a female's dignity, aren't you?"

.

.

.

.

"Harley dear," Her mum called from the livingroom. "There's a really handsome blonde, blue eyed boy at the door. He says he's your date to the homecoming dance?"