[ 33 ] 2013

[ 33 ] 2013

-

"You look like a wet cat." 

-

"You wouldn't leave me here." Harley choked out, trying to remain composed. But she didn't actually know Andrea, and she didn't know what she was capable of. "Calum is your friend and he cares about me. He'd never forgive you."

She watched, her reaction time slowed for a couple of seconds, as Andrea opened the door to Calum's car and went inside. Closing the door securely behind her, she rolled down her window, a mischievous grin on her face. "You're right. Shifters take alliances very seriously, and I know Calum will be so pissed at me for this." With a shrug, she admitted, "But I don't care. I said I was gonna avenge my brother, and honestly, that is more important to me than my alliance with Calum." And blowing Harley a kiss, she told her, "Take care. Its really nothing personal."

"Wait!" Harley ran up to the car. But Andrea pulled out of the parking spot violently.

All Harley could do then was watch as Andrea sped off down the highway.

"Shit." She hissed under her breath, running a hand through her hair as she paced the concrete ground of the parking lot. "How did I not see this coming?"

She was left alone in the parking lot and didn't know what to do, until she remembered she could call someone for help. The only one available to drive a car was Calum, though Andrea had his car and Harley had the keys to her dad's car. 

She could only hope Andrea was dumb enough to return to the motel, which she probably would because she wouldn't leave Niall behind.

Slipping her hand into her pocket and whipping her phone out, she clicked on the home button. Harley was irritated and disappointed when she found her phone battery was completely drained. "Can this get any worse?" She asked, eyes looking up at the darkened sky.

Like something out of a movie, those words were followed by black clouds that quickly appeared, seemingly from nowhere.

The rain immediately started pouring, soaking her clothes almost instantly. And she ran into the store for safety, to shield herself from the rainfall outside. There was no one inside and as she looked to her left, she spotted one cashier, standing at her station with nothing to do, and a security guard at the other end of the market. She walked further into the store, hoping not to be seen as suspicious.

"Are you okay?" Ashton asked her, the second he materialized before Harley, startling her.

"Yes," She said, trying to catch her breath, "I'm fine."

"You're going to get sick like that." He told her when he saw her soaking wet clothes.

"I'm fine," She assured him with a shake of her head. "I need you to return to the motel, you can't leave Michael alone."

But Ashton protested. "You're in danger here all by yourself."

"You worry to much." She pointed out with a warm smile.

"I am very," He said shyly, letting out a shaky breath, "very fond of you." A smile played on his lips as his hand reached out to push wet strands of hair from her face. 

She placed her hand over his, giving it a light squeeze. "You're so proper."

.

.

.

.

When Andrea pulled up in the motel parking lot, Calum was waiting for her. His back was leaned against the cracked wall of the motel building, his arms crossed over his chest, and on his face was a look of annoyance.