[ 10 ] 2013

[ 10 ] 2013

-

"Close your eyes, you need to concentrate."

-

When the lunch bell rang, the sea of students all headed in one direction, to the cafeteria where the meal of the day was barbeque chicken and rice.

But Calum grabbed a hold of Harley's arm and pulled her with him, in the opposite direction.

"What are you doing?" She asked him as she kept bumping into people. 

He said nothing and led her towards the back of the school, which was by then deserted. They left the building, going outside to the blinding sunlight. Harley squinted. "Where are you taking me, Calum?"

"Shut up." He rolled his eyes at her.

Once outside, they walked across the empty soccer field to a line or large trees that blocked out the fence that surrounded the school. It was a chainlink fence and Calum pulled it back to expose an exit. She eyed him, "Are you seriously expecting me to ditch school with you?"

"We're not ditching school." He pointed out. "We're ditching lunch. This place has the shittiest lunch ever. And they call it catering."

"Either way, I'm not going." She said, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Come on." He pushed her out of the fence and followed behind her.

In the distance, they saw one of the deans roaming the field. He was an ex-military man who was tall and with a strong build. 

When he spotted them, he rushed towards the fence. "Hey!" He called out.

"Shit." Calum muttered.

Grabbibg a hold of Harley's hand, he dragged her along as he ran down the street. 

They continued to run until they reached a tall mansion, almost ten blocks away. The house was surrounded by tall gates. Harley watched as Calum hit a red button near the doors and said into the speaker, "Its me, Calum."

"Master Calum, we will open up the gates at once." Came the quick reply.

"Where are we?" She asked.

"My grandfather's old house. He was a shifter like us and he was teaching me everything he knew. But then he died." Calum explained. "But he left me this house. He has all kinds of books full of information."

The gates opened with a loud creak and the two teenagers walked inside.

.

.

.

.

She sat on the living room couch, watching tele in the luxurious livingroom, decorated in the most expensive furniture and decorations.

Calum had left to find some books he wanted her to read up on.

And she thought the information would be useful to help Ashton get to wherever he was supposed to go after death. 

The raven haired boy returned with a stack of books and a metal, baseball shaped ball in the other hand. He tossed the ball at her and she caught it, right before it hit her face. "What the hell is this thing for?"

"Toss it back." He ordered.

She did as she was told, aiming for his face and threw it with all her strength. The ball stopped just centimeters from his face, as if having collided with a shield and fell to his feet.

He extended a hand out, directly over the ball, and it floated up into his grasp. Harley watched in surprise, her mouth hanging open. "Close your eyes, you need to concentrate." He instructed her, before he tossed the metal ball at her again.

"Ouch." She winced when the ball hit her shoulder.

"I said concentrate." He grinned, finding her hurt shoulder to be amusing.

The very first question she could think to blurt out was, "Are you, like, a Jedi or something?"

Calum laughed. "You'll be able to do this too, but you need to let me teach you. Together we can send that mirror boy into the next dimension. What do you say?"

.

.

.

.

They returned to school five minutes before their lunch hour ended.

Luckily for both of them, the dean was gone and wasn't looking for them anymore. She was sitting in her sixth period english class, when the dean walked in. He looked at a sheet of paper in his hand, and read off it, "Calum Hood."

Harley turned towards Calum in fear. 

"Chill," He whispered at her, "They pull people out of their last class for detention to make sure they won't escape."

She heaved a sigh of relief. He got up from his seat next to her and bent down to plant a kiss on her cheek. Cindy, who had seen them, glared at Calum. 

From the front door of the classroom, he blew her a kiss.

Harley rolled her eyes at him.

She spent the last ten minutes of class secretly trying to levitate her mechanical pencil off her table.

.

.

.

.

It was times like these in which she regretted having dyed her blonde hair blue. As she tried to sprint past the field where the cheerleaders were gathering to practice, she knew she had failed when she heard several girly voices calling out for her.

"Harley!"

"Harley!

"Harley!"

"Shit." She muttered under her breath.

It seemed like she'd have to put up with the peppy cheer girls for an afternoon.

-

SORRY NEW CHAPTERS KEEP BEING SO SHORT.

I'M GOING TO MAKE SOME OF YOU CHEERLEADERS, SO STAY TUNED FOR THAT IN THE NEXT CHAPTER. AND I WILL ALSO MAKE ONE OF YOU BECOME HARLEY'S BEST FRIEND, PREFERRABLY SOMEONE WITH A SENIOR STANDING.

I AM SOCIOLOGY CLASS AND I SHOULD BE PAYING ATTENTION, YET I AM HERE.

ANYWAY, HERE IS THE QUESTION OF THE DAY: DO YOU HAVE A SNAPCHAT? IF YOU DO, ADD ME, I'M 'CLARYVETTEE'. 

oh, and sorry i didn't have time to edit this. so ignore any grammar mistakes.

THANK YOU FOR READING AND SUPPORTING.

I LOVE YOU.

-CLARY xx