[ 5 ] 2013

[ 5 ] 2013

-

"His family killed my family."

-

Calum laughed bitterly. "He's lying. He's not even supposed to be here. He died in 1963."

"Because of your family." Ashton pointed out an accusation. "You come from a disgusting family of murderers and thieves. And all for what? A stupid house? Money? Was it worth it?" He asked Calum as if he knew what he meant. And there existed the possibility that he knew exactly what Ashton was talking about, seeing as though the two were apparently aware of each other prior to the encounter.

"Wait." She looked from the handsome guy in the mirror to the other one who was in her room. "There's a lot of things I'm not understanding. One of you needs to explain this crazy situation to me because if you haven't noticed, this isn't normal."

Calum waved her off. "This isn't your business, Quinn. So stay out of it." Turning his attention to Ashton, he added, "You're safe inside that mirror of yours, Irwin. But I'll learn how to drag you out of there and I'll send you away from here forever." His words were a threat filled with venom.

"I'm not scared of you. I can get out of this mirror myself and beat you to pieces." Ashton told him bravely.

She rolled her eyes at their exchange of threats in annoyance. "Great. I'm being shut out of the conversation by a guy who's talking to my bedroom mirror."

"Shut up, Quinn. Its not like you can't see him." Calum told her angrily, shoving her to the side. She landed on the floor with a thud and winced in pain. 

"Hey," Ashton protested angrily. "That's not how you treat a woman."

When Harley opened her eyes, her eyes widened in shock at what she saw. Calum had rolled his hands into fists, watching Ashton with hatred and waiting for their fight to unfold. From Ashton's side, she saw a blue-green toned hand begin to reach out of the mirror like it was made of nothing but water.

His entire arm was nearly out when she got back on her feet and stepped in between them.

"Stop!" She held her arms out to push them back. "I don't want you guys to fight in my room."

"I need to defend you from him." Ashton said, like it was an obvious thing.

"I don't need you to defend me, thank you very much. I can defend myself." She told him.

"Didn't seem like it." Ashton commented, pulling his arm back into the mirror.

She opened her mouth to speak, but was interrupted by a knock on her door, followed by two motherly female voices. "Is everything alright?" They asked.

"Yeah." Harley replied quickly.

"We're fine." Calum agreed.

"I just fell off my bed, mum. I'm fine." She added.

She was surprised when Calum gripped her hand tightly and led her to the door, opening it for the two concerned mothers who stood on the other side. Suddenly, his expression changed into a huge grin and he announced quite proudly, "Harley and I get on so well that we're going out on a date Friday night." His demeanor had entirely changed from moments earlier. 

Mrs. Quinn squealed in delight. "That's wonderful!"

"But-" Harley began to protest.

Calum cut her off. "Come on, babe. You already said yes."

"I-"

"No buts Harley." Mrs. Quinn cut in, shooting her daughter a look.

Mrs. Hood smiled at the site of her son interacting with another teenager. She knew that he was not entirely accepted or liked by his class mates at the high school. "She's such a lovely girl. She's perfect for my Calum." She announced, deciding already that if they ever wanted to date, she wouldn't oppose to it.