[ 36 ] 2013

[ 36 ] 2013

-

"I can't believe we rented the-bitch-mobile." 

-

They returned to the motel where Harley pushed the door open quickly. Michael and Ashton were in the same place they had been when she left; one of them with his eyes glued to the television screen while the other was laid in bed. 

It looked like the chamomile water really worked, since he seemed to be back to normal.

Harley threw a bag at him with warm food inside it. He eyed her suspiciously. "I hope you aren't expecting a favor in return."

"Actually, I am." She informed him.

From his spot in front of the television, she heard Ashton let out a laugh. He told her, "Harley, Harley look!" He told her, clearly excited. "They have this amazing cartoon called Spongebob."

Harley rolled her eyes at the way he was easily impressed with modern day cartoons.

"Talk." Michael urged.

"We're going to Perth." She told him. "So eat because we're leaving in an hour."

.

.

.

.

When everyone was ready to check out of the motel, Harley went outside to find Calum and the others. As she approached them, she heard Andrea say to Calum, "Why do you even like that girl? She's nothing special. She's plain, okay looking at best, but not attractive."

"Don't talk about Harley like that-" Calum began.

"Ahem." Harley cleared her throat to get their attention. "If you guys are done talking shit about me, I would like to get going."

"Oh," Andrea eyed her with a smirk. "Harley, we didn't see you there."

"Like you didn't hear me coming." Harley shot her a glare.

Andrea only shruged in response.

Without saying a word, Harley stuck her hand in her pocket and grabbed the room key, handing it to Calum who would go return them. He took it from her and walked past her, headed for the small lobby on the inner part of the building.

Niall took a few steps towards Harley, leaving Andrea behind. "Calum told me you needed my help?" He asked.

Harley nodded, pulling the letter from her pocket. He examined it in his hands when she let him take it from her, his eyes taking in every aspect of the note. "This letter was written in nineteen eighty one." He informed her. She was amazed how he could conclude that from just looking at it. "I can find the address, but since this person lived there thirty years ago, there is a big chance that they moved to a new address. And if that's the case, they will be harder to find."

"But you can find him, right?" She asked, pointing out, "Andrea told me you need to smell something that belonged to the person."

"Well yeah," He agreed with a shrug, "But it has to be something recent. Older objects are harder to get a scent from."

Harley felt her optimism draining. "I hope we can find something." She sighed.

Calum returned a few minutes later when everyone was gathered by the cars. Niall and Andrea went for Calum's car, with Niall at the wheel because he knew exactly where to go and how to get there. 

Harley got into the passenger side of her dad's car with Michael sitting in the driver's side. 

Niall pulled out of the parking lot first and took the first ramp onto the highway, with Michael following closely behind them.