[ 28 ] 2013

[ 28 ] 2013

"I was wondering...if you could tell me anything you know about mum's ex boyfriend, Arthur Vega?"

-

When her headache died down, she decided it was time to do some digging up of information, and since her mother was a dead end, she tried the next best thing. She called her grandmother, Hayley Davis.

"Grandma, I want to ask you something." She said into the phone the moment she heard someone on the other end.

"Who is this? Harley? Or are you Hailey? Or are you Hallie?" Her grandmother took some guesses. Her mother's family was mostly full of males. Her mother had been an only daughter in a house of all brothers. And her uncles all had sons, only two of them had one daughter each. And to honor their mother, they all have their daughters names that started with the letter H.

"Its Harley, grandmum." Harley sighed.

"Oh, Harley!" She cooed, her voice suddenly becoming sweeter. 

Harley could practically feel the diabetes creeping up on her. That was another thing about grandma Hayley. Harley was her favorite. And the only reason was that she looked just like her mum.

Her other grandmother, Alana Quinn loved Billy because he looked just like their dad. But when it came to Harley, she was a bit less loving and it was because she thought Harley wasn't her son Aaron's daughter.

When she was younger, she remembered her grandmother saying, "I know Billy is my grandson, he looks just like Aaron. But Harley, she looks nothing like him. Must be some other guy's kid and Harleen's pinning it on my poor Aaron."

But it didn't matter to Harley. 

She was never too fond of her father's mother anyway.

"Grandmum, I was wondering...if you could tell me anything you know about mum's ex boyfriend, Arthur Vega?" Harley asked.

"No. I don't know anyone by that name." Her grandmother said in serious tone before the line went dead.

"That was suspicious." Harley mused, setting her phone on her nightstand.

She knew her grandmother was hiding something.

.

.

.

.

She spent the entire day locked up in her room, trying to find information on Arthur, using her laptop. She was sat on her bed, with her legs crossed and her laptop in front of her, on her face a look of deep concentration. She knew it would be hard to hunt him down, but she didn't realize that he had such a common name and in the end she found she was unable to find any information that could help her find him.

"That looks like an advanced typewriter." Ashton commented in awe as he watched her typing away on her laptop keyboard.

A smile crept up on her face. "You are so behind on technology."

"You'll need to teach me how to use it one day." He told her with excitement.

"Definitely." She tore her eyes from the screen and met his hazel ones. "I promise, as soon as I finish with my secret 'get-info-on-Arthur-Vega' mission, we will sit here for as long as it takes and I will teach you how to use the computer."

Pushing herself off her bed, she walked across the wooden floor towards her door. She looked back at Ashton before pushing the door open. "I'm gonna go get a soda, do you want anything?" She asked, forgetting for a second that he never ate anything or drank anything. He couldn't, because he wasn't a living being. She closed her eyes in embarrassment, realizing her mistake a bit too late. "I forgot, sorry."