[ 8 ] 2013

[ 8 ] 2013

-

"Luke Hemmings doesn't like you." 

-

Her eyes opened slowly when she regained consciousness.

She didn't know what time it was, but as her eyes scanned her bedroom, she found relief to see Calum was gone. Although she almost went into another panic attack when she saw a teenage boy in clothing reminiscent of the 1960's sitting at the edge of her bed. The same boy she would see in the golden rimmed mirror.

When he noticed the shock in her eyes, he told her, "Don't freak out."

"H-how are you out of the mirror?" She asked, sitting up in bed clumsily, her face contorted into an expression he recognized as horror.

"I can get out." He pointed out. "I just can't leave this house. The mirror is like my anchor, I'm tied to it."

"Right..." She breathed.

"That's why your boyfriend said that thing about learning how to pull me out of the mirror. If I don't have an anchor, its easier to push me out of this realm." He explained.

Though he had just explained the craziest of things to her, she had only heard one thing. Harley protested. "He's not my boyfriend."

Ashton sighed in frustration. "That's not the point."

"Wait..." She thought about it. "Wouldn't it benefit you if he sent you away?"

He shook his head. 

"Yes and no. I would like to go onto the next life, but he doesn't have the right to do it. He can't just play God with my soul." His brows furrowed in anger at the thought of Calum being the one to decide his fate. As his expression softened, he sighed, "If anyone's going to do it, I'd rather have it be you."

"Why me?" She asked, her heart suddenly skipping a beat.

He responded, "Because you're not a killer and he comes from a family of them."

.

.

.

.

"Calum's here!" Her mother shouted from the kitchen.

Harley rolled her eyes and headed downstairs, to the person she least wanted to see. Slinging her bad over her shoulder, she said in a bored voice, "Alright, lets go to Hell."

Calum took one look at her and shook his head in disapproval. "You can't wear the formal uniform today."

Her eyes looked him over and she noticed his uniform was entirely different than the one he'd worn yesterday. He wore the same white shirt, but instead of a burgundy tie, he wore a red one with thin white stripes, instead of black formal pants he wore dark jeans, and instead of the black blazer, he wore a red one.

"Well, I don't have a casual uniform." She told him.

He grinned, pulling a box from behind his back. "I hope you don't mind that I took the liberty to buy your uniform for you." 

He handed it to her and she rolled her eyes, "I feel like this will turn out to be beneficial for you."

.

.

.

.

"I knew it." Harley complained, pulling her skirt lower. "This uniform is one size too small."