[ 3 ] 1960

[ 3 ] 1960

-

H. Q. - 2 0 1 3.

-

The Irwin family never had much when their children were growing up; their first son Ashton knew it well. His father, John Irwin was a young aspiring law student when he left his home, kicked out and shunned by his wealthy family when he fell in love with a beautiful girl who came from a poor family. They had met at the high school they went to, where she was able to study with a scholarship. The Irwin family didn't want their prestigious family name to be stained by their youngest son having children with a girl from a family who wasn't in their social class.

He left his home in Brisbane with absolutely nothing, and later John Irwin struggled to put himself through law school in Sydney, graduating first in his class and with all the honors. It wasn't long before he became a promising young lawyer at Foxworth Firm.

He was only twenty when his first son Ashton was born, and John couldn't be more proud.

From then on, John would always proudly say, "One day Ashton and I will open up a law firm together. I just know my son will make me proud."

By the time Harry and Lauren were born, John Irwin had acquired a good paying position and a nice house, that although small, was cozy and was all his family needed to be happy. It was a two bedroom house in a middle-class neighborhood of Sydney and John hoped to one day have a bigger house to prove to his family in Brisbane that he was doing fine without them and their money.

When his oldest son turned sixteen, John was thirty six years old and was promoted to a higher position that would pay him over double of what he normally earned.

The first thing the young lawyer decided to do was to purchase a house.

.

"I don't want to move out of our old house." Ashton complained, crossing his arms over his chest, yet he still got in the car when everything was set in the trunk and ready to take them to their new destination. It wasn't like he could refuse anyway. His father was the one who earned money while he and his siblings went to school. John Irwin always made it clear that education was first for his kids and that he would provide everything for them until they could get a college degree and work in a successful profession.

But unlike his father, Ashton never knew what it was like to be born in a golden crib and grow up among luxury. John Irwin did and if he had to be honest, he missed the things he had as a teenager with his family. Though he didn't regret leaving his house because then he would've never married his beautiful wife and he would be without his perfect family.

His mother scolded him, "Ashton. Will you quit complaining? This house is going to bigger than the one we leave behind. You haven't even seen it yet. Just give it a chance."

"Its a house fit for Sydney's next wealthiest family." Mr. Irwin said with a grin. It was what he had been used to when he was growing up, and it was what he had to give up when he decided to marry a girl his family didn't like.

The whole family rode past several smaller houses in their brand new Dodge Dart until they reached a closed off manor, separated from the other houses by several acres of fields filled with wildflowers. The house was a two story, upper class house with smaller, adjoining houses to the left and right of the main house that served as guest houses. On the far left of the manor was a garage. According to his father, the house had been built a couple of decades earlier and no one had lived in it yet because the property was too expensive for anyone to purchase.