[ 32 ] 2013

[ 32 ] 2013

-

"Wouldn't it be a shame if I just got back in the car and stranded you here? Then your brother would die a slow and painful death."

-

When Niall pulled up into the first motel they saw, Andrea parked in the semi-empty lot next to them. It was already dark outside and the lot was illuminated by the motel sign that read Colonial Motel.

Harley pulled the handle on the car door and did her best not to move Michael too much as she stepped out into the cool night air. Calum was quick to get out of the other car to join her. "Why are we stopping?" He asked her, his voice laced with annoyance. He still hadn't gotten over the fact that she chose to ride in the same car as Michael, instead of going with him.

"I can't take Michael back home like that." She pointed out. Patting her pockets and realizing she didn't have much money with her, she asked Calum, "How much money do you have on you?"

He shrugged. "I have a credit card. Why?"

"You're paying, I haven't got a lot of money." She replied.

Seeing this as an opportunity with her, he smirked. "What do I get if I do this?"

Harley rolled her eyes at him. "You get nothing."

"I want the v-card." He told her.

Her blue eyes narrowed into thin slits. "This is serious, Calum. Michael is dying and we can help him."

"It doesn't make a difference to me if he dies." He said indifferently, his smile disappearing.

"Okay, fine." She huffed angrily.

Calum's smirk returned to his face as a chuckle escaped his lips. "Wait, don't be mad at me." His hand reached out to pat her on the shoulder, but she took a step back, her eyebrows knitted together in anger.

"Stop laughing." She spat. "I don't see what's so funny."

"Come here." He told her, stepping closer to her. 

Harley raised her arms up to push him back, coming into contact with his chest as she refused to have him closed to her. 

"Don't touch me!" She yelled at him.

Swatting her arms down, he wrapped his arms around her in a tight embrace. "Stop being so angry with me." He laughed.

"Leave me alone." She struggled to get out of his hold. "Ashton!" She called.

Ashton appeared next to them, while Niall and Andrea stood by the cars, waiting to know what they would do next. "Let go of her." He warned, through gritted teeth.

Calum sighed, letting Harley go. With a roll of his eyes, he said, "You had to call him to save you." His eyes darted toward Niall and Andrea, who were beginning to look impatient. He added, "I'm gonna go get us a room."

"I don't want Andrea and Niall in the same room as us." Harley protested. "They could try to hurt Michael."

As he walked away, he said nonchalantly, "That would make things interesting."

Harley went back to the car, with Ashton trailing behind her and opened the back door. Niall jogged over to her side. "Need help?" He offered.

She nodded, hesitant for a second. "Sure."

Her eyes spotted the shiny silver gun on the floor of the car and her eyes widened when she saw Niall reach for it. But she was quicker, using her powers to bring the gun to her hand like a magnet. The blonde haired boy told her, voice calm, "Chill, I was going to give it to you since your brother apparently can't use it right now."