[ 47 ] 2013

[ 47 ] 2013 

-

"I think I know what my name is."

-

Michael left the Quinn's house without saying goodbye to anyone. By the time the family was back in their home, all his things were gone. Harley wanted to protest and complain to Arthur about sending Michael away, but he too was long gone after getting Aaron into the house and erasing his memory about the kidnappings. Harley remained by her dad's side while Harleen was in the livingroom, talking to Arthur.

She wanted to know what they were talking about, but they wanted their conversation to be private.

Niall and Andrea took a still shaken Calum back to his house, the one by the school because they knew taking him to an empty house across the street wouldn't be good for him. 

When everything was over, Harley got her phone out to call Billy.

But there was a text message in her inbox from Michael. 

'sorry i couldn't say goodbye in person :/'

'i wish you didn't have to go :( i know i'm really stubborn, but having you around was actually kinda fun.'

'now you think so :p'

'can't believe ur my brother though.' 

'neither can i.'

'i'll miss you :/' 

'i think we both know i'll miss you more.' 

'goodluck in england. before you know it you'll be back in syndey, you'll see :)' 

'i hope.. goodbye harley.'

'don't say goodbye. we'll see each other again. we're family. arthur wouldn't keep you away from me forever.' 

'family...yeah. i wish i could stop feeling this way.'

'give it time.'

Harley waited a few minutes for his reply, but when it never came, she dialed the number of her other brother. Billy. It rang a few times before she heard his worried voice on the other end of the phone. "Harley? What's wrong? Are you hurt?"

"No." She sighed. "We found mum and dad. Michael and Calum took care of everything."

He sighed in relief. "That's great. I'm glad."

"So you can come home now." She informed him.

"I'll be there tonight." He told his sister. "Cindy really had her heart set on going this really important thing at the country club.  Luke's going, do you want to be his date?"

"No, Billy." She said angrily into the phone. "Get home now. Mum and dad will think you don't care about them. I mean, what guy chooses his girlfriend over his parents?"

He was silent for a minute before finally offering a response. "Okay. I'll get home right now. But I don't know what the big fuss is about, its not like they died or anything. You said they were okay." Adding a complaint, he said, "If Cindy gets mad at me, I'm blaming you."

Harley scoffed. "You're better off without Cindy anyway. She's an airhead."

.

.

.

.

That night, Billy and Harley stayed home to watch over their parents. Aaron seemed to be feeling much better, and though Harley wanted to see how Calum was doing, she thought he was okay in the company of Niall and Andrea.