[ 42 ] 2013

[ 42 ] 2013

-

"You always believe the best in people, don't you?"

-

Harley sat in a rental car with Niall, while Calum and Andrea were in the red car that belonged to her. Both cars were parked on different sides of the street, under the shades of trees in order to keep hidden. Harley and Niall watched her house for any suspicious characters while Calum and Andrea watched his house.

They had agreed that they would do it that way because Harley was afraid Andrea would convince Niall to leave. 

After several hours of hiding out in the car, Harley shifted in her seat to look at the blue eyed boy. Niall took notice of this and became visibly nervous. "Why are you looking at me?" He asked her, the question coming off as rude though he hadn't meant it to.

"You're a nice guy." She commented, not taking her eyes off him.

"Thanks." He coughed awkwardly.

"I hope you don't get offended if I ask this..." She began, "But why are you dating Andrea? She's cold hearted and mean; she's nothing like you."

Instead of giving her a response, he replied with a question of his own. "Why are you friends with Calum? Isn't he the same as her?"

"That's different." Harley argued.

"Is it?" He asked. She remained quiet. When he realized he had stumped her, he said, "I didn't mean to put you on the spot." He assured her. "I just wanted you to see what I meant. Just like you see the good in Calum, and it is there, I see the good in Andrea. You don't know her like I do. She used to be so kind hearted and happy before. It wasn't until her brother died that she became what she is now."

A smile tugged at the corners of Harley's lips, "You always believe the best in people, don't you?"

He nodded, a smile appearing on his face. "Is that naive of me?"

"Yeah." Harley admitted with a slight laugh.

Her phone suddenly rang loudly, announcing she had a text message, startling both Harley and Niall. She whipped it out of her pocket and slid her thumb over the screen to unlock it. 

It was a text message from Calum.

'babe, i'm hungry.'

'you have the wrong number.'

'i dont think so, harley quinn ;)'

'okay, so what do you want me to do about it?'

'andrea and i are gonna go buy some food. do you want anything?'

Harley looked up from her phone screen to look at Niall. "They're going to buy some food. They want to know if we want anything."

"Chicken." He replied almost instantly.

'niall wants chicken. and i'll have whatever you're getting, i don't want you guys to go all over town.'

' i think andrea wants to get nando's.'

'okay. i'll let you know if we see anything here.'

.

.

.

.

"Where's you ghost friend?" Niall asked, curious.

Harley shrugged. "I don't know exactly where he goes when he disappears, but he always comes to me when I need him."