[ 49 ] 2013

[ 49 ] 2013 

-

"How can you love someone who's heart stopped beating years ago?"

-

Ever since he left his house to follow Harley to Adelaide Calum hadn't entered his house across the street from Harley's. The police were still conducting a search for the bodies of his family, as well as their search for the criminal. They didn't know Rohan was dead and Calum didn't want to talk about it.

In the day time, the cops spent several hours inspecting the house, trying to gather evidence.

Calum knew they would find none. Hunters were really good at covering their tracks.

He was sat on the livingroom couch, his eyes stared blankly at the ceiling. Andrea had caught a ride back home with him. Because of his family's loss, the soccer coach allowed him to take two weeks off before returning to practices. But Niall had made the cross country team and was required to stay at practice.

Taking the fact that they were alone as an advantage, she started casually, "So Calum..."

He tore his gaze from the ceiling. She thought this, the time when he was most vulnerable, was the perfect time to find out what she wanted to know. He was so upset and she knew he wouldn't question her sudden curiosity. "What do you want?" His brown eyes looked into her green ones.

"I was wondering if you could show me how to get a ghost out of the mirror." She bit her lip nervously.

Not even finding her words remotely suspicious, he slowly picked himself up and walked with dragging feet into the hall, gesturing for the blonde to follow. "Follow me." He said, "I'll show you."

.

.

.

.

That Friday was Calum's last day at St. Genevieve's before leaving to Brisbane for a couple of weeks. The entire day, Harley spent it with Calum. They hardly spoke at all, but she thought the company did him good.

It had taken Andrea several tries, but she was able to get Kylie out of the mirror.

The former cheerleader had spent most of her time following Luke around and punishing all the people who forgot about her when she died. She was saving the worst of her revenge plans for Harley. And with the sports season approaching, she knew just how she would get her revenge on Harley.

At lunch time, Andrea purposefully lose Niall in a crowd of students in order to meet with Kylie in a secluded part of the school.

Kylie complained. "How much longer do we have to wait?"

"After Calum leaves," Andrea told her. "He'll be gone for a few days and won't be able to protect her."

"Ugh." Kylie groaned in disgust. "Calum wants her too? But...she's average."

"That's what I said!" Andrea agreed. "I honestly don't know what they see in her."

.

.

.

.

The final bell of the day rang and everyone was ready to get out of school for the weekend, the same applied for Harley. She knew she had to stay behind and go to cheerleading practice. But it was Calum's last day in Sydney and she wanted to spend the afternoon with him.

She had english class, which was on the opposite end of the school. She knew she needed to be very stealthy if she wanted to leave without getting caught by anyone on the cheerleading squad.