[ 13 ] 2013

[ 13 ] 2013 

-

"This never happened, you didn't see anything."

-

I can't speak, or move...

Her body wasn't responding to the commands of her brain. It was like she was a puppet, hanging off strings, awaiting for someone to come and move her.

Being without control of her own body, her own decisions...it frightened her.

She never knew what being a shifter actually meant. It was now that she begun to see how fragile a person's own will could be, to the point where someone with her abilities could make her do something without her own permission or consent.

All she could to was breathe, and blink, but those were things her body did instinctively.

She closed her eyes tightly, remembering what Calum had told her when they were in his grandfather's house.

"Close your eyes, you need to concentrate."

Okay, Harley Quinn, you need to concentrate. She mentally told herself. You need to snap out of this and move again.

Do you really want some psycho maniac to control your movements?

You cannot allow yourself to be his puppet.

Come on, move.

She attempted for several minutes, without getting any results, until finally, one of her index fingers twitched.

It was as if a barrier had been broken and the rest of her hand soon followed until she found she could move again. She was in control of her own movements. There was an excitement in the back of her mind, because she had done that all by herself. 

But her mind was more focused on stopping Calum and Luke.

She raced out of the bowling alley to see an empty parking lot.

.

.

.

.

She finally found them in the alley behind Gage Bowl, Luke was on the ground, his eyes peeled in fear.

Luke spat out blood that had been pooling in his mouth before accusing Calum. "You can only beat me because you're a freak--a monster. Let's see you fight me without your powers though."

"Calum, leave him alone!" Harley yelled.

Calum's head snapped in her direction when he heard her voice, on his face was a look of surprise. "Harley? How did you get out here?"

"Go, Harley!" Luke told her, "Run! He's dangerous."

Harley shook her head. "I'm not afraid of him." 

She watched as Luke got back on his feet, with a struggle, and charged at Calum. Making his hand into a fist, he lunged it at the raven haired boy, only to hit an invisible barrier that protected him. The impact sent Luke flying backward, his back colliding with a brick wall.

There was a deep rumbling coming from the darkened sky above and Harley watched in horror as bolts of lightning illuminated it.

"Harley get out of here." Calum ordered, "I don't want you to watch me fry this Barbie boy."

"No." She said through gritted teeth.

As a bolt of lightning fell out of the sky, in Luke's direction, Harley jumped int front of him, to shield the blonde haired boy.