[ 34 ] 2013

[ 34 ] 2013

-

"I'm not shy."

-

She woke up the next morning to see Ashton wasn't by her side anymore.

Letting out a sigh as she stretched her arms over her head, she sat up. Her half-opened eyes darted to her right to see Michael was fast asleep. In the far end of the room was a small and ancient tv set sitting atop a chipped wooden coffee table.

In front of it were two green single couch seats, and Ashton was sat on one of them. She thought he looked so engrossed in whatever he was watching with his face propped on his hand.

He smiled when he saw her watching them. 

"Goodmorning." He told her.

"Hey." She greeted back with a smile. Tearing the covers off her body, she slid her legs over the side of the bed and got up. Walking over past Michael, to where Ashton sat, she asked, leaning over to have a glimpse at what he was watching. "What are you watching?" She asked curiously. It was a boring infomercial about some kind of blender called Magic Bullet.

"This advert is really long." He observed, adding with amazement. "But its kind of attention grabbing. That blender is really advanced."

Harley joked, "Did they even have blenders when you were alive?"

He chuckled. "We had all kinds of advanced appliances; record players, refridgerators, blenders. We didn't live in the stone age, you know."

"Why are you even watching this?" She asked, walking wround the small table to stand in front of the tv set. Croushing down, she pressed the button to change the channel until she found morning cartoons. 

Ashton leaned forward in his seat as she sat down next to him.

She noticed the recognition in his eyes and the cartoon's theme song came on. 

"The Jetsons are still on?" He gasped with excitement. "I used to watch this with Harry and Lauren all the time. Tom & Jerry short films were very entertaining too." Referring to The Jetsons cartoon again, he grinned, "Can you believe when this was on in the sixties, people actually believed the future would be this way? Its tru humanity has come a long way, but the Jetsons are just so far ahead of this lifetime."

"My mum used to watch them when she was a kid too." Harley commented. "I didn't know that show was on for so long." Michael stirred in his bed, grabbing my attention. Pulling myself up to standing again, she watched him, "I should go check on him."

She went over to his bedside, standing over him while his eyes opened slowly.

"I'm thirsty." The white haired boy complained, "My throat burns."

Her hand reached to pick up the bottle with a chamomile bag inside and handed it to him. He took it from her weakly, twisting the top off and brining the bottle to his lips.

Harley watched Michael drink all the water in the bottle without even taking a breath. It had taken him only two seconds to finish it. Throwing the empty plastic bottle across the room, he told her, "I want more." His voice came out as more like an order than a request. He extended his hand out, flexing his fingers, making them open and close, practicing to see if he had his shifter abilities back. 

His focus was on a a tall lamp in a corner of the room. 

His brows knitted together in concentration and Harley noticed the lamp start to shake under his powers.