[ 14 ] 2013

[ 14 ] 2013

"She's my grandmother--Claire Feeney."

-

After the bowling alley incident, Harley did her best to avoid Calum.

It wasn't easy, especially because she chose to hang out with Cindy instead. And Cindy was usually sucking faces with Billy. Like Harley avoided Calum, Luke avoided Harley.

Calum's mind tricks were very effective on him, so effective that when he saw her coming down the hallway, he would turn around and practically ran away in the opposite direction. 

A whole week went by before Calum decided to do something about her avoiding him. It was after cheer practice and she saw the black sports car parked near the field where they practiced. She walked right past him, but Calum quickly got out of his car to stop her.

"Harley, why are you avoiding me?" He asked her.

She ignored him and continued walking, at one point picking up the pace. 

"Harley!" He called. 

Soon, she was far enough that he decided to chase after her. Harley wasn't an athlete, Calum was. He caught up to her in a matter of seconds. Grabbing a hold of her upper arm, he turned her to face him. She groaned, rolling her eyes in annoyance. "That's not fair; I can't run fast. I don't play soccer."

"Why are you avoiding me?" He asked her again.

"Oh, I don't know." She said sarcastically. "Maybe it was the fact that you tried to kill someone. Like...are you out of your fucking mind?"

"He's still alive, okay?" He pointed out.

"Because saved his skin." She spat.

Placing a hand on her shoulder, he began, "Calm down. Do you know what today is? Friday; and since I didn't get to take you out last week, we'll be hanging out tonight."

"I need my mum's permission." Harley smirked, "And you may have overestimated her love for you."

"I doubt that." He grinned, "Because I already asked her and she said she trusts me so much, you can even sleep over."

She shook her head. "I don't want to go anywhere with you. You're a psychopath."

.

.

.

.

She crossed her arms over her chest in annoyance while she sat in his livingroom. They were in his granfather's house, the one near the school. If they had been at his actual house, she could have easily snuck out an ran across the street to safety.

He handed her a small stack of books. "Read up on these." He told her, "They'll help you master your powers."

She sighed, "So...how do you plan to get Ashton out of the mirror?"

"Its simple, but difficult at the same time." He explained, plopping himself down on the couch opposite Harley. "You need a lot of concentration. But the basic concept is that through concentration, you can reach through the solid dimensions of the mirror as if it were water."

I'll have to make sure to try that at home, she thought to herself.

He continued explaining. "I need more practice. The farthest I can get in is up to my elbow."

As she sat on the couch in the dimly lit house, she heard a rumbling sound. It was her stomach; she hadn't ate since lunchtime and she was hungry.

"Do you plan to feed me, Hood?" She eyed him carefully. "I'm starving."