[ 50 ] 2013

[ 50 ] 2013 

It was Saturday morning and Harley grabbed her phone off the nightstand. Her blue eyes scanned over the screen after she clicked the home button. There was a text message from Calum, and when she opened it, she was upset to see what she had missed.

'hey harley.'

'are you awake?'

'i can't sleep.'

'do you want to hang out for a while?'

'you're probably asleep.'

'i'm really going to miss you.' 

She clicked on her phone screen and typed out a reply. It was only seven in the morning and she hoped they'd still have time.

'i was asleep.'

'sorry calum.'

'i can hang out now.'

'i'll pick you up in ten minutes.' 

Like he said to her, he arrived to pick her up ten minutes later. She knew it was him because everyone else was still asleep at this hour on a Saturday morning. Still, she peaked out her balcony to make sure it was Calum. She hadn't had enough time to change out of her pajamas, but she knew Calum wouldn't mind. 

She was about to climb down the vines that hung on the side wall next to her balcony when Ashton startled her.

"Stop scaring me like that." She scolded him.

"Where are you going?" He asked her curiously.

"I'm going to hang out with Calum before he leaves." She stated simply.

Ashton looked down at the black car waiting for her on the curb and his face dropped into a frown. "I don't think you should trust him."

"He lost his family, Ashton." Harley reminded him. "He needs my support."

Sighing, Ashton finally said, "I suppose. But if you need me, just call my name."

With that, he disappeared and Harley knew he was probably upset.

.

.

.

.

Calum drove without direction until Harley asked him, "Where are we going?"

He shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know."

"Let's go get some breakfast." Harley suggested. "I'll probably be too busy to eat later cause I'll be practicing the cheerleading routines with Cindy. They want me to learn three dances before next week."

"I'd love to watch that. The mermaid one is good." He told her, a grin tugging at the corners of his mouth.

Harley scoffed, "I can imagine why you think that."

"Its things like this that make me wish I didn't have to go." He told her with amusement in his voice. "You would be there cheering for me while I score some goals on the pitch. And I'd get to watch you in a cheerleading uniform."

Rolling her eyes, she said, "Why see it when your imagination can dream up your perverted fantasies?"

"Its not the same." He chuckled. He pulled in to an old fifties styled restaurant that had been around for decades. It was called Iggy's Diner and Harley learned it had been built to show teenagers what a typica American burger place was like.