[ 7 ] 2013

[ 7 ] 2013

-

"I've gone crazy ever since you came along." 

-

After the bathroom incident that most of the administrators saw, Calum got into trouble, with a week's worth of detention, while Harley got off with a warning because she was a new student. The bathroom was sealed off from the other students due to the damage that had been done, and the school called a crew of workers to fix the damage. Harley thought the school would talk to their parents to figure out how everything was going to be funded, but the administrators said nothing. They would probably be using the boatloads of tuition money they got from their wealthy students, since they had enough of it. Harley and Calum had spent the rest of the school day in the Main Office, wearing their PE uniforms while their formal uniforms were set to dry off with the rest of the (sports) uniforms that were being washed by the PE department for their many athletes.

On the one hand, she was glad she was getting to skip the awkward stares she'd been getting from the student population of St. Genevieve's because she was a new student and that she was getting rid of Calum. But she also hated not having a ride home because it meant she would have to walk. Sports, and even walking, were among the many things she did not enjoy doing. 

It didn't help that it was a windy day and her PE skirt was flying all over the place while she tried to hold it down with both hands. She was walking along the sidewalk, in the direction of her home when a cherry red convertible Mustang drove slowly at her side.

For a second, she thought maybe it was some pervert who might want to kidnap her, but she shut the thought away quickly.

That never happened to her. Though she could definitely imagine it happening to someone like Cindy Hemmings. She snuck a glance at the car to see a blonde, blue eyed boy in the driver's side with a girl with similar cliche characteristics sitting in the back seat along with a boy she recognized as her older brother. Calum had been right when he guessed that Billy had probably started dating Cindy. He knew well about the rules of popular high school kids. Populars dated populars and though the Quinn family had just arrived in Sydney, it was clear that Billy Quinn was one of them.

"Harley!" The blonde girl called with excitement.

Speak of the Devil, she thought.

The boy in the driver's side took one look at her and grinned, "So you're the famous Harley Quinn?"

"Famous?" She raised an eyebrow at him. She didn't know anything about her being famous.

The boy nodded in affirmation, "My sister and your brother have told me so much about you. Besides, the entire school knows that you and that Calum Hood guy completely destroyed the girls bathroom today." The way Luke said Calum's name was a shock for the blue haired girl. She thought Calum would be one of the cool guys, a popular no doubt. Maybe the popular kids were pickier than she thought. 

But how could they accept Billy and her so easily, and reject Calum? It didn't make any sense to her. Calum had the clear potential to be one of them.

"That was an accident." Harley pointed out.

The red car came to a complete stop on the street beside her as they were reaching the end of it and the blonde boy said, "Get in, I'll give you a lift home. We're headed there anyway." He gestured towards Billy who sat in the back seat.

Rolling her eyes, she opened the door and sat in the passenger seat next to Luke Hemmings. She had heard a few things about him as well, mostly from Cindy who was speaking wonders of her twin brother as though he were the best man on earth. "So, you're the famous Luke?" She took one look at him and agreed that he was definitely handsome, but he looked much too full of himself for her taste.