[ 20 ] 2013

[ 20 ] 2013

"You're one of us too. You can deny it all you want, but you can't change who you are." 

-

"But...if you're a shifter too, then why do you hate shifters?" She wondered. It seemed unlikely that someone with the powers she and the other two boys possesed would hate them.

"That," He breathed, closing his eyes slowly. "Is none of your business."

"Uh...right." She said. Suddenly, her eyes began feeling tired and she let out a yawn. "Could you, like...go away? I'm sleepy now."

His shoulders shook lightly with his laugh, his green eyes looking down to the ground. "You know, you're really funny, Quinn. Though its a shame really, that you won't get to live very long after today." She saw a grin form on his lips.

"What- what do you mean?" Her voice shook nervously.

He looked up, green eyes meeting her blue ones. "I mean that after today, your days on this earth are limited. Because I'm not only a shifter, but I also hunt them down. Do you think its a coincidence that I was selected to live at your house?"

"You came here...to eliminate me?"

He nodded, "You, that annoying neighbor of yours...and your mum."

.

.

.

.

The next few days that went by, Harley was paranoid. 

She didn't know when Michael would strike and how he would do it, though she figured he relied on the element of surprise. 

He spent most of his time locked up in his room whenever he wasn't at school, which made it harder for her to figure out what he was planning. It was on the fifth night at her house that she heard movement coming from his room.

The door creaked open and she heard his light footsteps making their way towards her parents' bedroom.

She got out of bed in a hurry, determined to stop him if he tried to kill her mum in her sleep.

Watching from the doorway, she saw him go to her dad's side. He put a hand on his forehead and a green aura appeared on his hand. "Aaron." He whispered. "Aaron, I need the keys to your car."

Opening his eyes, her dad nodded slowly and grabbed the car keys from his nightstand, handing them to Michael.

"Now sleep." He oredered and Mr. Quinn fell back asleep almost immediately.

He turned to leave the room again and saw Harley standing at the doorway. "What are you gonna do with my dad's car?" She asked him.

"I have things to do." He said simply. "Now go back to bed and sleep." 

He waved a hand in front of her face, expecting her to do as he commanded. She nodded her head slowly, pretending to be in a daze and walked to her bedroom. But her mind was now strong enough to resist shifter mind tricks. Michael headed towards his room to grab his backpack with some of his things that he was going to need.

She opened the door to her bedroom and sprinted towards the balcony after locking her door from the inside. The driveway was directly below and she called softly, "Ashton..."

She didn't need to call twice before he materialized next to her. "What's wrong, Harley?"

"I'm gonna jump off the balcony." She began.