[ 12 ] 2013

[ 12 ] 2013

-

She watched, unable to stop them, as the two boys stormed off towards the exit, headed for the parking lot.

-

"Mom." Harley called as she walked into the kitchen, her black leather boots making light tapping sounds on the cold tile floor. It was chilly inside her house for an afternoon and she figured it was due to the flooring, it was keeping the cold inside the house.

Her mother walked in, bright smile on her face. "Yes honey?"

"You said the Hood family are neighbors of ours, which house is their's?" Harley asked.

The smile on her mother's face grew bigger, if that were even possible. "Are you planning on visiting Calum? That's lovely!" Turning towards the kitchen counter, she grabbed a tupper ware container and handed it to Harley. "Give him this. I made some cookies today and I thought he and his family might enjoy them."

Harley rolled her eyes. "Okay."

"Their house is the one directly across the street from ours. But they say they'll be moving away in a couple of weeks." Mrs. Quinn commented.

Harley cheered internally, trying to hide her happiness. 

"But," Her mother added, "They won't be going far. Just a few blocks away. They're moving into one of Grandad Hood's estates."

Shrugging her shoulders, she said, "Well, I guess I'll go give him the cookies then."

"Where do you think you're going?" Billy strolled into the room casually, grabbing a hold of Harley's arm to stop her from leaving.

"What do you want?" She narrowed her eyes at her older brother suspiciously.

He grinned from ear to ear. "Cindy and I are going bowling tonight-"

"And I care because?" She scoffed. "I think you're old enough to go without a chaperone, Billy."

"The thing is...Cindy invited Luke, but Luke is date-less, so we thought you could be his date..." He trailed off.

Harley nearly broke out into a fit of laughter. "Don't make me laugh, brother. I have a hard time believing Luke Hemmings, the most popular boy in school, couldn't find a girl to go out with him tonight."

"Its not that he couldn't get a date. He wants you to be his date." Billy explained.

"Tough luck." Harley replied. "I already made plans with Calum tonight."

Billy's face contorted into an expression of annoyance. "Calum? The Hood family's kid? Harley, you can't be friends with him. Everyone at school hates him."

"Because Luke hates him." Harley pointed out.

"Still, he's not one of us." Billy said.

"One of us?" She asked. "He's not one of you. He and I happen to have many similarities."

"Like what?" Her brother questioned, cocking an eyebrow at her.

Like, maybe, we are both shifters.

Or maybe we're both crazy because we can see dead people in the mirrors.

.

.

.

.

"I can't believe you forced me to come." She sulked.