[ 35 ] 2013

[ 35 ] 2013

Harley could hear Niall and Andrea's arguments the entire day.

She tried not to listen to what they talked about, but the walls were so paper thin that it was hard to keep her mind off their conversation. She was sat on her bed, while across the room Ashton remained in front of the television, dazed by all the new things they had on there.

He explained to Harley that when he was alive, there were hardly any channels to watch.

From the other bed next to her, Michael groaned in annoyance. "Give me my gun." He told Harley, "I'm gonna go over there and blast their brains out."

Harley rolled her eyes. At least Michael was recovering at a rather quick pace thanks to the chamomile and was starting to be his old self again. "Relax, Michael." She told him. "I'm sure they'll get all the yelling out of their systems in no time."

But he ignored Harley, banging his fist on the wall behind him. "Shut the fuck up!" He yelled, frustrated.

"Michael!" Harley hissed. "Andrea already wants you dead. Don't test her when she's angry."

She flinched in her bed when she heard a crash coming from their room, followed by the sound of something glass breaking. Worried, she raced out of bed and went for the front door. "Where are you going?" Michael asked.

"I'm going to make sure they're okay." She replied.

"Why?" Michael said, his voice indifferent as he added, "If they kill each other then its better for us, right?"

Harley glared at him. "Sometimes I think you and Calum would get along really well if you weren't a hunter."

With her hand on the doorknob, she pushed open the door and stepped outside. It was early afternoon and with no trees in the area, the sun was beating down against her ivory skin. Her eyes, which were now sensitive to the light because she hadn't left her room all day, were difficult to keep open. 

She reached the door with the number sixteen on it, which was in between her room and Calum's.

His door openned moments later to reveal him, wearing a pair of black football shorts and a grey t-shirt. Wiping his eyes with the backs of his hands, he took a few steps in her direction.

"I feel like I haven't seen you in ages." Harley commented.

Calum grinned at that. "You missed me."

She sighed, "I suppose I did. I missed having your annoying voice around."

"Were you going to visit me?" He asked her.

She shook her head in response. "No, I came to see if Niall and Andrea are okay."

"Really?" He chuckled. "I was coming to tell them to shurt the fuck up."

He turned to knock on the door to their room while Harley stood next to him, waiting for them to answer it. It seemed like they hadn't heard the knocks because it was several minutes of them standing there with no answer from him.

Calum shrugged. "Well, the noise stopped."

But Harley shook her head, her eyes widened in terror. "What if one of them died?"

"Then I hope it was Andrea." Calum muttered just loud enough for Harley to hear him.

Now Harley was the one to knock on the door. "Niall, Andrea," She called, "Its Harley. Is everything okay in there?"

From inside the room, she could hear shuffling around and a minute later the door swung open to reveal Niall, who was shirtless and his trousers were unbuttoned. Harley felt her face redden on the spot.