[ 24 ] 2013

[ 24 ] 2013

"If only I were alive."

-

The school dance ended at midnight and the second the clock hit twelve, Calum returned to being his old annoying self.

"Well," That cocky smirk appeared on his face once more. "I can stop pretending to be a boring teenager with a dull and pointless life because it is officially a new day."

"You know," Harley rolled her eyes at him, "I like you better when you don't talk."

As everyone piled out of the venue and headed for their cars, Luke found her. The expression on his face clearly made him look like he felt bad about something. "I'm really sorry, Harley. Somehow I forgot you were my date and I ended up spending the entire dance with Erika."

Thank God, Harley thought. But she faked a smile. "Don't worry about it. I'm not much of a dancer anyway."

"So..." He began casually. "Do you have anything to do after this?"

"Get lost, Barbie." Calum cut into the conversation.

But Luke completely ignored him, seemingly not interested in arguing with Calum tonight.

"I'm gonna go home." She replied, trying her best not to sound rude. What she really wanted to say was, Yeah actually. Its midnight, so I thought it was the perfect time to go ice skating with the Queen of England.

"You should go to the after party." He offered, his lip curling up into a smile. "Its at my house this year and its gonna be a lot of fun."

Harley yawned, "Actually, I'm kind of tired."

"I'll be right back." Calum said with a bored expression, tapping her shoulder lightly to get her attention. "I"m gonna go find Kila so I can take her home."

.

.

.

.

She huffed angrily as Luke's car pulled up into one of the biggest houses she had ever seen. "You and my brother are gonna get kicked in the balls one day if you keep doing that." She was referring to the fact that Luke, with the help of her brother Billy, carried her to his car, just as they had done the time they went to the bowling alley. And since Calum had left her with Luke, she had no one to help her escape them.

Luke laughed. "You're really funny, Harley."

But Billy was completely serious as he told Luke. "She's not joking, mate."

"Why don't you like to hang out with us, Harley?" Cindy said from the back seat, a pout on her lips.

Because you're annoying, Cindy, though Harley wouldn't say it because Cindy was generally a nice girl despite being incradibly stupid and annoying, she would definitely think it. It wasn't Cindy's fault her high pitched girly voice was like poison to Harley's ears.

"Its not that." Harley lied. "I just don't like to go out much."

"You go out with Calum all the time. Either that or he goes over to the house." Billy scoffed.

"That is not true." Harley turned in her seat to glare at her older brother. "Ugh, you are so annoying Billy ."

"You're annoying." Was his reply, followed by a hard flick on her right temple that made her wince.

She rubbed it with her right hand, telling him, "Ow, Billy. I'm going to fucking punch you in the face when you least expect it. Better watch your back."