[ 4 ] 2013

[ 4 ] 2013

-

"This is the Hood family. They owned this house before us."

-

"Harley! Oh, Harley sweetie!" Her mother called from the bottom of the stairs.

The movers had been at work all morning and so had her mother. She had been instructing them where to place everything, and had even gone down to the local high school to sort out the final details of Billy and Harley's transfer. By dinner time, everything had been set up and decent for living in.

She opened her door and yelled out, "What, Harleen?" 

"That's rude." Ashton commented.

"Pfft." She scoffed at him, "Shut it, mirror boy."

There was a small gasp that came from the mirror. "Why aren't you afraid of me?"

She shrugged her shoulders. "Maybe I am afraid. I mean, who isn't afraid of a guy living in the mirror? But the difference between a coward and a brave person is that someone brave won't let their fears cripple them. Besides, I was never much of an easily scared person anyway."

"Harley! Dinner is ready!" Her mother called once again from the bottom floor.

"I'll be right down!" She replied, unenthusiastic.

It wasn't the first time the Quinns had moved to a new house. When she was younger, she remembered her family moving all the time. Her father Aaron would get temporary jobs while he finished up his studies for his masters degree, and due to that, they had moved at least three times before she and Billy were four years old. 

They had lived in their last house for twelve years, when he had joined Foxworth Firm's business advertising and marketing sector of the company. And it wasn't until that summer when her father had been transferred to the headquarters in Sydney. Her father, Aaron Quinn was in charge of creating well thought out commercials for their lawyer firm, at an affordable budget. He was very good at what he did and had been promoted to head quarters, where he would work with various other topics. Foxworth industries owned a variety of Australian products and they thought Aaron Quinn's creative commercials would get them an increase in consumers and with that would come more sales and more money.

Harley was glad for her dad and thought he definitely deserved that promotion. She just didn't like the idea of leaving Perth. She was leaving her only friend behind, and even though no one really noticed her there, it was her place.

It was also the place a boy she had been crushing on lived, a friend of her brother's from the basketball team. But she never had a chance with him because he never noticed her and now he never would. That was all in the past now, and she would need to make a new home of Sydney.

.

When she got down the stairs, she almost turned around and rushed back to her bedroom. But she had already been spotted by the people at the dinner table.

"Harley!" Her mother gushed with excitement.

"Who are these people?" Harley eyed the four people sitting at the dinner table along with her family. 

"Harley Lizbeth Quinn." Her father scolded her, eyeing her in a way that said these are important people. They always seemed to call her by her full name whenever she did something they thought was wrong. "This is the Hood family. They owned this house before us."

"I thought no one lived here before us." She pointed out from the doorway, ready to use any excuse to get out of having dinner with people she didn't know and didn't intend on meeting.