[ 31 ] 2013

[ 31 ] 2013

"I'm a hunter, in case you forgot. Without my my powers I can't hold my gun. If I can't hold my gun, I'm open season for my enemies. And there is one enemy in this car."

-

Her grandmother wore a gas mask to protect her from the thick smell of chrysanthemum in the the dimly lit room. "Grandmum, why are you doing this?" Harley asked.

"He's a traitor, sweetie." Her grandmother explained, taking a few steps towards her. But Ashton stepped in front of Harley protectively. Her grandmother continued, "This boy hunts people like us, as if we were animals."

"He won't hurt us." Harley insisted. "He's family."

"He's a traitor." Her grandmother spat.

She turned her attention back to the boy who was chained up behind her when she heard coughing. Her eyes widened in horror when he coughed harshly, hacking up a crimson red substance. The strong smell of chrysanthemum burned his lungs, causing him to shake himself awake weakly. 

His eyes darted towards a pain in his right wrist.

His attempts to get the cuffs off with his powers were pointless. 

Mrs. Davis laughed at him. "The chrysanthemum you ingested dulled your powers."

There, on a small table, just out of Michael's reach, Harley spotted something silver and shiny. She squinted her eyes to get a better look and gasped when she saw it. The Diamond Rose.

Extending her hand out quickly, the gun flew into her hand.

She pointed it at her grandmother menacingly. "Listen to me, grandmum. You're going to let him go or I'm going to be forced to hurt you."

"You wouldn't." Her grandmum challenged.

Harley pulled the trigger, the tungsten-diamond bullet flying out and going just centimeters away from her face. "I missed you on purpose, but if you really want to test me, I'm willing to shoot you for real." Still pointing the weapon at her, she gestured at Calum, "Help him."

Calum nodded, not wanting to test her. If it had been a regular gun, he would have teased her and declined to help Michael. But this was a Diamond Rose; a deadly weapon specially created to kill shifters. Without getting too close to Michael, he extended his arm out, concentrating all his energy on being able to break the handcuffs. 

The tungsten metal handcuffs shook slowly at first, but then more violently as he concentrated more. 

Finally they broke off and Calum was able to easily pull the ropes off Michael. 

He tried to get on his feet, but he couldn't do it on his own. He was too weak. As Michael stumbled forward, Ashton materialized before him to help stupport him.

"Let me help you." Ashton said. 

But Michael shook his head. "I can do it myself."

"Stop being so proud and let him help you." Calum rolled his eyes in annoyance. "With you all clumsy like that you'll slow us down."

"I don't need help." Michael insisted weakly.

"Calum," Harley called him again. He went to stand next to her. "Put grandmum to sleep."

"Is that code for: kill her?"

"No!"

"Cause I can kill her if you're too scared." He smirked.