[ 40 ] 2013

[ 40 ] 2013

-

"We'll shoot each other and see who the last one standing is." 

-

"I-" Arthur hesitated.

"Oh, for the love of God!" Andrea rolled her eyes in annoyance. 

"Andrea." Niall hissed, holding her gaze. Sensing she was making everyone in the room upset, he ordered, "Why don't you sleep?" The moment the words left his mouth, her head dropped and her eyes closed, she was out like a light. Her body fell back against the couch cushions. "Sorry about her." Niall apologized with an uneasy smile. "She sometimes doesn't think before she starts blabbering away."

"Okay." Harley sighed. "Please continue, Arthur."

He bit his lip while he frowned. "First of all, I want you to know I love your mother, Harley." He assured me. "And I just want what's best for her."

"You're my real dad aren't you?" She asked.

He nodded slowly. "I am."

"How could you two do this?" Harley gasped, shooting up from her seat, outraged. She had always known there was a reason why she didn't fully feel like she fit in her family. But she never thought her mother cheated. "My dad--Aaron--loves her. They love each other. And he raised me. He's my true dad." She said with tears brimming her eyes.

"But Harley," Arthur tried to explain. "You need to understand that Harleen and I love each other."

"She doesn't even remember you." Harley countered with a glare.

"Because I made her forget me." Arthur said, adding with a hint of annoyance, "Why did you even try to find me if you can't handle the truth?"

From behind Harley, Calum laughed. "Oooh." He teased. "I see where you get your smart ass attitude from." With anger seeping through her words, she whipped around. Her blue eyes shot daggers at him and Calum knew what was coming. "Harley, don-" 

He began a warning, but Harley beat him to it. Waving a hand over his face, she ordered, "You. Sleep."

Calum groaned in annoyance and it was the last thing he did before he knocked out.

Turning her attention back to Arthur, she told him, "Just because I was interested in finding out the truth doesn't mean I'll accept you as my real dad. Aaron Quinn is my dad and he'll always be my dad because all you and my mom did was f--"

"Watch your mouth, Harley." Arthur warned. Now he was on his feet while Niall, Michael and Ashton watched them exchange arguments, all of them were silent but Harley and Arthur.

"You don't get to tell me what to do." She laughed bitterly. "You weren't around when I was growing up. It wasn't you who taught me my first words, or taught me how to ride a bike, you were out in Perth hiding because you're just a coward."

"You don't know what went on." He told her. "I couldn't stay."

"Maybe you should listen to the boss, Harley." Michael told her as he stood up as well, his tone sympathetic. "He took care of me when I had no one. So I'm sure there's a reason why he couldn't be there for you."

But Harley shook her head in denial. "Nothing justifies the fact that he left." Harley spat, angry tears flowing down her face. "If he really loved my mom like he said he did, he could have fought to win her back. Or he could have at least been in my life. A silver gun and some money now doesn't fix things."