prologue

prologue.

"Who are you?" She asked the unusual figure of a teenage boy standing beyond the looking glass along with her own reflection. In the reflection, it seemed like he was standing directly behind her, but when she snuck a glance over her shoulder, she noticed she was still alone. No one was in that bedroom but herself. Her slender fingers caressed the cold glass of the full length mirror before her with curiosity.

He looked back at her, eyes peeled in shock as a realization hit him. Someone could actually see him. He had only ever played out the scenario once in his head, and at the moment all his thought up lines had been thrown out the window. So many years rehearsing this conversation, this moment, not with that girl in particular, but just anyone. And now he didn't know what to say, or even how to react.

"How...how is it that you can see me?" He asked the blue haired, blue eyed girl, in a black jack daniels top exposing her belly button with a piercing on it and black cut-off shorts that showed off her long legs. It was the only thing he could think to say, it quite frankly, it was the only thing he cared about. How could she see him when no one else had been able to? What was so special about this teenage girl with oddly colored hair? It was seemingly nothing, for her ability to see him was nothing that was clear on the outside. It was something in her DNA which permitted her to see the boy in her bedroom mirror.

"I don't know." She replied honestly, equally as confused as he looked.

"No one has been able to see me in over fifty years." He breathed out his response, still in shock.

Her electric blue waves of hair cascaded down her back as she studied the young man before her. She looked him over and realized he was dressed in a way that was reminiscent of the early 1960's; white t-shirt with a black leather jacket over it, straight legged dark jeans and a faded red bandana pushing his golden curls back. She wondered how old the boy was exactly. Couldn't have been more than twenty if she had to take a guess.

I must be crazy, she thought to herself as she admired his features. He was tall, much taller than her. His face was seemingly perfect in its almost sharp features and his hazel-green eyes stood out against the natural cream color of his skin.

But the next question gushed out of her before she even got the chance to stop herself. "So do you have a name? Or can I call you the man in the mirror?"

He chuckled at her comment, "I have a name, thanks. I'm Ashton."

"I'm Harley."

-

original a/n:

people actually seemed to like this story idea.

so i thought i would post the prologue for your guys and you let me know what you think about it.

you are all awesome.

thank you for the support.

xoxo,

pornoskians

edited a/n:

so i did some MAJOR editing to the prologue. and im going to continue editing the rest of the chapters over the next few weeks. i say weeks because it may take weeks. then i'll move onto editing phantasm and then mortalis when i finish writing it. 

sigh. looking back at this. i think i had better writing skills back then.

i'm going to try much harder to write with this amount of detail again. i didn't realize how much my skills have dulled since i started writing this. but anyway, i hope you all like the edited version of the prologue. nothing too huge has been added, just a few grammar mistakes have been fixed, as well as a couple of details that have been added to make the story better. so thank you loads for reading and i appreciate the support so much.

-clary xx