[ 25 ] 1960

[ 25 ] 1960

-

"Am I interrupting something?"

-

The second Ashton went past the front doors of St. Genevieve's on his first day of school there, it seemed like the entire student population couldn't take their eyes off him. 

Claire, Con, and Ashton had gotten a ride to school with the Fenney family's driver.

Ashton had asked them to be by his side because being a new student, he thought he would attract unwanted attention. He shrunk slightly behind Claire, though it didn't help that he was much taller than her.

"Hey," He whispered to her nervously. "Why won't they stop looking at me? Do I have something on my face? Did I put my uniform on backwards?"

Claire giggled, "Oh, Ashton. You're precious."

"There's nothing on your face, mate." Con assured him.

"We just haven't had a new student in so long that everyone is just curious. You know, you're the only non-freshman student who passed the entrance exam in the last five years. Everyone else started out as freshmen." She explained.

.

.

.

.

After he met with the school counselor, who gave him his class schedule, he left the office to find Claire and Con were still out in the hallway waiting for him, despite the fact that everyone else was already rushing to their home room.

"You two didn't have to wait for me." He told them.

"We wanted to." Claire smiled at him, nudging Con, she added, "Right, Con?"

"Mhm." The raven haired boy nodded with a bored expression.

As the three teenagers walked down the almost empty hallway, a girl jumped in front of them, starting Ashton. 

"Hey there!" She grinned, her chocolate brown curls jumping up and down.

"Hi..." Ashton replied awkwardly. But he had to ask. "Do I know you?"

"No." The girl shook her head. "But I know you. Everyone knows you, actually. You're Ashton Irwin, son of a very important lawyer, who by the way just got a very juicy promotion at Foxworth Firm.And I just wanted to say welcome to St. Genevieve's Academy, my name is Mary Joy, but everyone just calls me Joy and that's what you can call me!"

"Its very nice to meet you Joy. You have a wonderful smile." He complimented her.

She clapped her hands together happily. "You're such a gentleman. Oh, and I also approached you because I am president of the student council and I was wondering if you would like a tour of the school."

But Claire cut in, "You're overwhelming him, Joy."

"No, no." Ashton told Claire, hoping to avoid hurting Joy's feelings. "A tour of the school would really help me. Thie place is pretty big. Why do five hundred students need so much space?"

"It used to be an all girls boarding school." Joy told him. "They used to live here, but when the school turned co-ed, they decided it was best to turn the dorms into new class rooms, club rooms, and storage closets." Linking arms with Ashton, she said, "So come on. I'll show you where all your classes are as we go along."