[ 9 ] 1960

[ 9 ] 1960

-

"Hello, my name is Claire Feeney."

-

A knock on the door startled him. His eyes tore away from the car magazine he was reading. A Harley-Davidson one.

"Ashton, dear, dinner is ready. Come downstairs." His mother cooed. "And we have very important guests tonight, so make sure you wear that lovely suit I bought you. Please don't wear that horrid leather jacket to dinner."

He got up from his bed and went towards the door. He opened it to reveal his mother, whose smile dropped when she saw him.

He wore dark straight leg jeans, a black shirt, and his favorite motorcycle jacket over it. The bandana around his head did little to tame his messy golden curls. Just to annoy his mother even more, he reached into his pocket and pulled a carton of cicarettes. He put one into his mouth an lit it with a lighter he kept in his jacket pocket.

His mother frowned. "Ashton, this is serious. We are having dinner with our neighbors; the Hood family and the Feeney family. They're two of the richest families in this town."

Ashton shrugged. "I don't care how much money they have, I'm not dressing up for them."

"At least put out that filthy thing." She snagged the lit cigarette from his lips and threw it onto the floor, stepping on it immediately.

"You're a fun-kill, mum." Ashton joked.

Then he pulled her in for a hug.

.

.

.

.

When he entered the kitchen, he stopped dead in his tracks when he saw her.

She was a beautiful blonde girl with big green eyes and porcelain skin. He noticed she was dressed like all the other regular goody two-shoes people of the previous decade. He assumed she was probably the boring type.

The only other teenager in the room was a raven haired boy, who sat next to the breathtaking blonde.

He was dressed similarly to Ashton and he intantly knew they's get along. They were both rebels.

Ashton walked up to the two and greeted them in a nonchalant way. "Oi, I'm Ashton Irwin. Who are you?"

"Conrad Hood." The boy with the raven hair replied, producing a cigarette from his pocket and lighting it, taking a long puff.

"Hello, my name is Claire Feeney." The girl told him with a smile.

"Why don't you show your new friends around the house, dear?" Mrs. Irwin smiled at the three teenagers.

Ashton nodded at them and they got up to follow him out of the fancy dining room. He led them to the livingroom with plush floral decorated sofas and brass adornemts. He plopped himself on one of the couches, Claire sitting next to him.

"Are you and him dating?" He gestured to Conrad, who sat on the other side of Claire.

Her face contorted into something weird before she let out a musical laugh. "Of course not. Con and I are just childhood friends."

Exhaling a cloud of smoke, Conrad added, "My family's too rich to merge with Claire's."

Claire shot the raven haired boy a glare. Then she changed the subject. "So...Ashton, where will you be going to school?"

He shrugged. "Some school called St. Genevieve's. It sounds like a girl's school though, do you think there's some kind of mistake here? I don't want to show up and make a fool of myself."

The golden haired girl giggled at his words. "It used to be a female school way back in the old days. But its co-ed now. Don't worry. St. Genevieve's is where Con and I go to school, so you can hang out with us if you want."

"Do you think he's one of us?" Conrad asked Claire with a bit of venom in his tone.

She nodded, "Yeah, he'll fit in just fine."

Ashton grinned, never taking his eyes off Claire. 

"Maybe I will like living here after all."

-

SHORT CHAPTER AGAIN, BUT I HOPE YOU LIKE IT.

JUST WANTED YOU GUYS TO MEET CALUM'S DIRTY ROTTEN MURDERING GRANDFATHER. AND CLAIRE, SHE MAY OR MAY NOT BE BAD AS WELL. I DON'T KNOW YET.

JUST A QUICK THING.

DO ANY OF YOU WANT TO BE IN THE STORY? 

IF YOU DO, LET ME KNOW.

JUST TELL ME YOUR NAME, GRADE LEVEL (MUST BE HIGH SCHOOL) AND A BRIEF DESCRIPTION. IF I GET TOO MANY, I WILL TRY TO INCORPORATE AS MANY OF YOU AS I CAN INTO THE STORY.

QUESTION OF THE DAY; DO YOU HAVE ANY PETS? I DON'T KNOW IF I'VE ASKED THIS QUESTION ALREADY. IF I DID, ANSWER IT ANYWAY. I HAVE THREE DOGS-LUCKY, NEMO, AND COOKIE (I USED TO HAVE FOUR). TWO RABBITS-MILA AND PELOTITA (I USED TO HAVE FIVE). AND I HAVE TEN CHICKENS- BOBBY, BULLY, LUKE, BROWNIE, CAL, HARRY, PAUL, JOHN, RINGO, AND GEORGE. I NAMED MOST OF MY FAMILY' PETS IN CASE YOU DIDN'T NOTICE.

ANYWAY, THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT.

I LOVE YOU.

-CLARY xx