[ 38 ] 2013

[ 38 ] 2013

-

"Are you Harley's dad or not?"

-

His knife slid out of his hand when her name registered in his mind, falling to the floor at their feet. "Harley...?" He repeated in awe.

"Yes." She nodded her head slowly.

"What are you doing here?" He asked another set of questions. "How did you find out where I live?"

Looking over her shoulder at Calum, who was still passed out and pinned against the wall, she bit her lip nervously. Her eyes darted towards the throwing knife on the floor and she held her hand out, making it float into her hold. Now she was the one holding it against the tall man before her, only the knife shook in her grasp. If this was the same man who Michael worked for, she knew he could easily kill her with one blink. Still, she thought she would try to save her friends. "Release my friends." She ordered.

His hand shot out to grip her wrist, pinning her hand down by her side with ease. "You really don't want to threaten me." He warned her, his green eyed gaze boring into her blue eyes.

"I just want to know the truth." She told him.

"About what?" He asked.

"About everything."

Releasing his hold on her wrist, he sighed. He placed a hand on her shoulder as he passed her to get to Calum. "Wait here." He instructed, and he went to turn off all the alarms and release the other teens who were trapped in the house.

.

.

.

.

Arthur walked back into the livingroom area with a white porcelain cup filled with something that smelled like chamomile tea. It was for Andrea who was sitting with her head laid on Niall's shoulder, her face was pale and her eyes looked tired. He handed her the cup without any concern for her and went to sit across from Harley. "I'm sorry about hurting your friends." He apologized.

"You forgot Ashton." She reminded him.

"Right." He nodded, reaching into his pocket to grab the small cube where Ashton was trapped. He pressed the small button and out came the boy dressed in clothes from the nineteen sixties.

"Harley!" Was the first word tha left his lips once he was released. He strode over to her, placing his hands on her shoulders and sliding them down her arms to make sure she wasn't hurt. Still, he needed to hear she was fine. "Are you okay?" He asked her with concern in his voice.

She nodded her head slowly. "I'm fine." She told him, "I was concerned about you."

"I'm alright." He informed her, pulling her in for a hug.

Calum rolled his eyes at them. "Can we just stop the soap opera right here and get to the part where we find what we needed?"

Pulling away from Ashton's hold, Harley cleared her throat. "Yes, um..."

"First," Arthur started, "I need to know how you found me. I've been hiding out for years and no one has been able to track me down until now." 

"That was Niall." Harley's gaze darted to the two blondes sitting next to Calum on the couch. "We're all shifters and he has a gift for tracking people down. He's very skilled at what he does." Harley explained.

"Impressive." Arthur commented, his eyebrows arched in surprise.

Groaning, Calum said, "Can we cut all the bs? We came here to know if you dated Harleen Quinn."

"When I dated her she was Harleen Davis." He informed the teenagers. "We were in love, dated for three years until I had to go away for a year and it was so sudden that I couldn't say goodbye to her in person. I tried calling, but her mother always answered the phone and wouldn't let me talk to her. She said I was a bad influence on Harleen. My adoptive mother was very ill and I had to take care of her, but I never gave up on Harleen. I wrote her letters everyday and she never replied. When I returned, the first thing I did was go to her house and her mother told me she was engaged to someone named Aaron Quinn. She told me they were in love and that if I loved Harleen, I would let her be happy."

"Why does this sound like a soap opera?" Andrea commented rudely, taking a sip from her cup of tea.

Harley bit her lip. "But Arthur, what I really want to know is if you have seen her, lets say, in the last seventeen years?" She blurted out her question. What she was most curious about was knowing if Arthur was her dad or if she was really Aaron Quinn's daughter.

Thinking back, he nodded his head. "I visited her once almost eighteen years ago, but her mother sealed her memory away. She already had a son with Aaron Quinn." He mentioned the last part bitterly. "I unlocked her memory for a few hours and we talked...And in the end I had to make her forget me again. Though her mother separated us, I couldn't have them angry at each other. I couldn't do that to Harleen. I grew up without parents and it was a very difficult childhood for me because of it. I would have given everything to have my mother with me, but she didn't want me. She threw me away like trash because she was wealthy and had me after cheating on her husband. She didn't want to stain her perfect reputation."

"That's horrible." Harley said sympathetically.

"Enough beating around the bush." Michael cut in. "Are you Harley's dad or not?"

Opening his mouth to speak, Arthur began, "I-"

-

i think its more than obvious now, but i still thought i'd build up some suspense.

and to build it up some more still, the next chapter which will be posted tomorrow, will be another flashback chapter from the nineteen sixties(: i also made this chapter short on purpose. so dont hate meee. i've been busy and sick the whole week. 

thank you for getting the story to 400K reads, it has meant the entire world to me that you all enjoy it. and hopefully it will even reach a million reads one day. like i promised, if it reaches 500k by the time the book ends, i will get an official copy of the book published and i will raffle it off to whoever wants to participate ^.^

anyway, my team plays tomorrow!

chivas guadalajara (baes) vs. bayern munich (also baes).

and i want chivas to win, which is highly unlikely. but i gotta support the baes, you know?

so if chivas win, i will be in an exceptional mood and i may produce two updates tomorrow. but for now one is certain cause a bayern victory will also make me happy if thomas muller plays cause that mofo is sexy as fuck.

anyway, question of the day: is this the only one of my stories you read? or do you read my other ones too? if so, which? ^.^ there really is no wrong answer, i won't hate you if you only read this one. i just want an honest answer.

oooh, also thank you for the get well wishes. 

i feel much better now.

thank you all for reading.

i love you(:

stay tuned for a new update tomorrow! and possibly two if all goes well for chivas ^.^

-clary xx