LisaStanbridge

• What is your user name?

LisaStanbridge

• What's the story behind your username?

There’s no story, it’s just my real name. :) I may be a writer but I am hopeless at thinking up creative usernames so use the most obvious.

• How old are you? 30

• How long have you been on Wattpad?

Since 19th March 2012 so that’s 5 months

• What story have you entered into the in the Watty's Awards?

The Matchmaker

• What genre is it entered in?

Romance

• Can you give a brief summary of your story?

At 15 years of age Shannon Maxwell is an easy-going, fun loving girl. When she experiences the death of her mother in a horrific house fire, she changes into a completely different person. Many years later she has never fully recovered from the accident. She blames herself for her mother's death and blocks it out by focusing on other people - AKA matchmaking. She finds this helps her to keep the guilt locked away and live a semi-normal life. However, when her schemes start getting personal, something must be done. The loss of her closest friends alerts her to one vital need: to face the past once and for all. Can she confront her worst fears and mend the friendships she has lost? Can she open her eyes to her true feelings, gain her friends back and perhaps find love along the way?

• Who is your favourite character?

Brian - because he puts up with so much!

• What is your favourite part of your story?

I don’t want to give too much away! But I think my favourite part is when everyone gangs up on Shannon. Without blowing my own trumpet, I love how well the emotions flow. I remember when I wrote that part I just forgot about everything and engrossed myself in it until it was written. I was surprised at how easily it flowed but it was an amazing feeling. I felt completely exhausted afterwards, almost as though it had happened to me, but it was also a feeling of success.

• What advice would you give other Wattpad authors?

If you really want to write and you have ideas, don’t give up on them! It is very difficult to write a story and it takes time but do not let that deter you. Be patient, expect blocks and lots of struggles, but you will get there.

• Is there anything you would like to say to your readers?

Thank you to everyone who has supported me this far, I appreciate it so much. It is amazing to know people are reading my story and enjoying it.