Belle - Part Six

thanks for reading everyone <3 i'm so happy i'm done with school and i can actually update somewhat regularly now! :D ENJOY <3

            I opened my eyes the next morning to find empty and unruly sheets next to me.

I exhaled and listened for the showerhead to determine whether or not he was getting ready. Hearing nothing, I decided that he wasn’t in his bathroom, so I waited a couple minutes before I ventured out of his bedroom and into the rest of his big apartment.

            I found him in his kitchen making a pot of tea on the stove. I smiled a bit as I rubbed my eyes and walked up to the island.

            “Bonjour ma belle fille,” (Good morning my beautiful girl) he hummed as he walked around the large countertop island and wrapped me up in his arms. “Vous regardez si charmant,” (you look so lovely) he whispered.

            “I’m not really sure what you just said but I’m going to be flattered by it anyway,” I smiled up at him. I loved when he was like this, softly kissing me good morning and holding me close to him.

            “Are you hungry? Can I make you anything for breakfast?”

            I shook my head. “I’m not hungry.”

            “I bought croissants,” he told me with a smile. “I had them delivered from the best bakery in Paris.”

            “Maybe once I wake up a little bit,” I told him softly as I wrapped my arms around his bare waist. “You should’ve stayed in bed.”

            “We both have work soon, don’t forget that,” Harry said, starting to get serious again.

            “Shh…” I hummed, “Don’t get into your serious mode so early in the morning…” I stood on my toes to kiss him again. “I know you secretly like cuddling with me.”

            He suddenly hoisted me up and my legs wrapped around his waist. I was always surprised by his strength to just sweep me off my feet whenever he could. He was more of the lean muscle sort of guy that still had an extremely impressive body. I knew he worked out four times a week with a personal trainer and it obviously paid off since now he picked me up as if I weighed nothing.

            “And you know that I don’t like when you patronize me like that,” Harry whispered as he set me on the counter.

            “It’s not patronizing,” I replied a-matter-of-factly. “Everyone does it.”

            “It makes me sound like I’m five years old,” Harry grumbled lowly.

            I just looked at him. “You’re really handsome,” I said, changing the subject. “The girl you get married to is going to be really lucky.”

            “I’m not going to get married,” Harry told me simply.

            I furrowed my eyebrows. “Why not?”

            “I don’t like the idea of commitment for that long,” Harry replied. “Sex will get boring after a while.”

            “Not if you love the girl,” I insisted, starting to get pissed off that he thought of a marriage like this. “Being married is about love, not sex.”

            “Well I don’t believe in love,” Harry stated.

            “You don’t believe in love? So you don’t love your mother? Because I know for a fact that she definitely loves you.”