The Countdown - Part Two

Wow!!! Look at Charlotte uploading again!!! I hope you guys enjoy this part :)

________________________

MAYA'S P.O.V.

The only bad thing about meeting your soulmate was the feeling that you weren't going to be romantically involved with anybody else for the rest of your life. Not that only being romantically involved with Harry for the rest of my life seemed so bad to me; he was gorgeous. It was just the overwhelming feeling of commitment and having to actually fall in love with this complete stranger that made the whole situation feel a bit weird. I'd been with other guys in the past and thought I felt things for them as well, but knowing they would never amount to anything more than a guy I dated ruined the experience for me.

I always had this idea in my mind that on my day it was going to be love at first sight. I thought I was going to lock eyes with the person and I was going to feel it right then and there that I would fall in love with them. It wasn't like that in real life. It just felt like meeting any other person, but now with this new significance placed on it.

I didn't even really know Harry. The most I could gather from his personality was that he was very kind and charming and funny. That was pretty much it.

That night I was lying in my bed reading a book, but my mind was elsewhere. All I could think of was my new soulmate and how he hadn't texted me yet. I wondered if he ever would. He had to, though. We were going to spend the rest of our lives together. He even called me by my future name, Maya Hartman Styles.

It did sound really nice. I had always been worried that my soulmate's last name was going to be something that didn't sound right with my name.

I should've been really happy that my day had finally come. I should've been so excited that I couldn't fall asleep.

Instead, I lay in bed crying.

HARRY'S P.O.V.

Soon enough, my entire family and close relatives knew that my day had come and I was getting flooded with congratulations from family members I hardly ever talked to. It was very overwhelming at first. All I could say was thank you to them. I hardly even knew Maya at all. I had yet to even text her because I was so nervous. She was the girl I was going to marry in the future. I was going to have to propose to her at some point. The idea of falling in love with a complete stranger scared me, so much so that I didn't even know what to text her.

Was texting her too casual? Should I call her instead?

Calling was probably better, more romantic, I thought to myself.

The only thing was I had no idea what to even say to her. For some reason, though, I wanted to hear her voice.

I picked up my phone the next morning and looked through my contacts to find Maya's. I stared at it for a while before I hit the call button.

MAYA'S P.O.V.

I was woken up by my phone vibrating on my night table with a phone call. I sat up in bed, trying to compose myself, thinking it was work trying to get me to come in. I rubbed my eyes and cleared my throat before I picked up my phone and looked at the caller ID. My heart sank when I saw Harry Styles' name on the screen. I stared at it for a second, not knowing what to do.

"Hello?" I answered after I made the split second decision to answer the call. My voice sounded like I'd just woken up.

"Maya?" Harry asked on the other end of the call.