Homeless - Part One

soooo I just thought of this one shot after somoene commented on one of my previous chapters that they'd like to see a one shot where Maya is homeless and Harry had a lot of money, so here you go! I hope you like it <3

MAYA'S P.O.V.

            "Thank you," I croaked to the man I had just spent the night with as he handed me over a fifty pound note. He nodded and closed the door behind me, not even sparing a goodbye as I ended up on the streets again. I walked back towards the city holding my sleeping bag and blanket, with my money stuffed into my shoes. The only thing I could think about was where I was going to sleep tonight.

HARRY'S P.O.V.

            I always passed this one girl on the sidewalk as I walked to work. It was a bit hard to believe that a girl that beautiful was homeless. She sat curled up in her sleeping bag with messy hair and a dirty face with a single tin can in front of her asking for any spare cash. I never usually carried cash around with me, but if I did have a couple extra pounds, I would slip it into her tin can and she would look up at me with bright, thankful eyes.

            I lived in the heart of London. My penthouse was at the top floor of my flat building and I had a beautiful view of the vibrant, old city. I lived alone, though I had a few maids who would make breakfast and wash my sheets and all that. Some nights I would be sat on my couch, drinking straight from a bottle of vodka as I watched a movie on my large flat screen TV. It was those nights that I lost my true self that I realized how lonely I actually was.

            Then, the next morning I would wake up to go about my routine of being a CEO of my own company. I would walk to work, pass the girl on the street, give her a few pounds, then try to focus on my job for the rest of the day. That girl would pop into my head at the most random times, and also the most inappropriate times. I would be speaking in front of tens of people in a conference when all of a sudden those deep brown eyes popped into my mind. It would catch me off guard at times and I would lose my train of thought, to which my supervisors would ask me if everything was okay. I had no idea what it was about this girl, but she was unforgettable.

            It was a couple months of this constant silent interaction between the two of us that I thought it was only appropriate to say hello to her. So on my day off on Sunday, I walked into town to look for her at her regular spot. She was always sat outside of an office building, curled up either asleep or silently watching everyone who walked past.

            I found her, thankfully awake and staring blankly at the street in front of her. I stopped and crouched down in front of her. "Hello," I breathed as her eyes met mine again. I saw them brighten just a little bit.

            "Hello," she replied hoarsely.

            "I've seen you around a lot. I wanted to introduce myself." I stuck my hand out. "Harry Styles."

            She hesitantly shook my hand. I noticed her palms were much more calloused than mine. "M-Maya," she replied nervously.

            "Well Maya I was wondering if you'd like to grab a bite to eat with me," I offered and her eyes widened in surprise.

            "M-Me?" she asked shakily. "You want to take me?"

            "I asked you didn't I?" I joked but Maya just had her jaw dropped. "Come on now, love, we'll find something to eat. I'll treat you."