Age is Just a Number - Part Seven

okay this is the last part everyone :) i hope you liked this mini story, and don't forget to comment :) ENJOY <3

            I tried to enjoy the tour as much as I possibly could. I absolutely loved my fans. I would be nowhere without them. I wouldn’t be where I was today. But sometimes, I did wish that I didn’t have all the media attention. I wished I could just go out normally with Maya without paparazzi trying their hardest to get a good picture of us.

            I hated having to expose Maya to all of this, but I wanted to be with her, and we couldn’t keep our relationship hidden forever.

            As I promised, I called and texted and talked to her even more than I did with the guys. The first couple months were alright – Maya said she was doing okay. She told me that she cleaned everything that she could possibly clean in the house. That made me laugh. I knew she was only cleaning to get her mind off things. I missed her more than anyone. We video chatted each other and she helped me get off some night by talking dirty to me.

            Hotel beds weren’t even half as nice as the one I shared with Maya. I absolutely hated sleeping alone. I loved just having my arm around her waist and feeling her in my arms. Now I woke up to an empty bed in a mess of sheets.

            The concerts were fun though, and I loved seeing the support from all our fans. Although some of them became overwhelming, crowding around our hotels and making it dangerous to go onto the sidewalk. They’re the reason that I didn’t fly Maya out to see me when I originally wanted to. I got mobbed when I walked out of my hotel.

            And it wasn’t only dangerous for me, but for Maya too. People knew who she was and if she was mobbed in an airport without me being there and without any security, I didn’t want to think of what she’d end up like. We nearly got mobbed when we lived in the city together, but I was there with her to help her get through. We got snatched at and got papers pushed at us for an autograph. It got scary sometimes.

            I was in Italy when I was able to safely fly Maya over to see me, making sure she was okay with taking time off work to see me. It was only for a couple days, but it was better than nothing. She would travel with me and the guys to the next country we were going to and then would leave to go back home there.

            Maya came to one of our concerts in Italy and then was on the bus over to France with us. I made sure she was by my side at all times and I gave her kisses whenever we were alone. I didn’t want to be annoying and completely make out with her in front of the guys. I didn’t want them to have to see that, and I’m sure they didn’t necessarily want to watch, either. Whenever I really needed to kiss her, I’d tug her back to where the bunks were and have her lay on top of me in the cramped bunk and kiss her senseless. At one rest stop, Maya and I were able to walk around together and be alone to talk.

            “I’m tired,” Maya whispered as we sat down on a bench together. She rested her head on my arm. I wrapped my arm around her shoulders and kissed her forehead.

            “The time change is annoying,” I said softly, squeezing her shoulder.

            “You were really good in concert last night,” Maya whispered. “You deserve everything you have.”

            “Like you as my girlfriend?” I asked with a smirk.

            “You know what I mean,” she mumbled and leaned into me more. I kissed her again.

            Goodbyes were always hard. We walked into the airport together and managed to not get mobbed by any fans. In fact, there were no fans in sight, which was odd. I’m sure pictures were being taken of us, though. There always were.