Complications - Part Five

hey guys, i hope you've liked this one shot :) what do you want me to do next??? let me know :) ENJOY <3

MAYA’S P.O.V.

            “How the fuck are you forgiving him so easily?!” Camille exclaimed once we heard the door closed and Harry’s footsteps disappeared.

            “Camille-” I said as normally as I could.

            “No Maya, he literally broke your heart. I have never seen you that devastated in the longest time. You can’t get back together with him. I’m not going to let you do that because once a guy cheats for the first time he doesn’t stop.”

            “Listen,” I croaked, “I never stopped loving him. It was the fact that I thought he stopped loving me is what got me so devastated. You know how much I was in love with him.” Camille was still shaking her head. “Camille, there is no other person who I can see myself with anymore.”

            “Well how many people live in New York City? Like a couple million? There is bound to be one guy who can be twenty million times better than Harry.”

            “I don’t want to be with anyone else,” I told her.

            “Maya,” she groaned. “He cheated on you. And it wasn’t just like making out with the girl, no he full on had sex with her while he was still with you. Do you even care?”

            I put my hand on my forehead and swallowed hard against my scratchy throat. “I do, I care too much about it…”

            “Then leave him,” Camille pressed.

            “I can’t just leave him Camille. I know he broke my heart but like… you don’t know him the way I do. I understand where you’re coming from… and I’d feel the same if I were you… but I love Harry too much to leave him for some guy I know I’m not going to love half as much as I love him.”

            Camille looked at me as if I was crazy.

            “I get it…” my voice trailed off. “I get why you feel like that… and I know it’s going to take a while for us to kinda go back to normal… but I’m willing to try, you know?”

            Camille let out a breath. “Oh my god…”

            “Camille…”

            “He’s the reason why you’re in this hospital bed right now, Maya.”

            I put my hands over my face. “I’m going to wait. And… if he really wants me after a couple months, then he can have me back.” Camille nodded reluctantly and I weakly smiled.

SIX MONTHS LATER

            It was a little bit strange, letting Harry back into my life after all the time we weren’t together. We got coffee together as our second first date – it figured and didn’t surprise Harry that much – and I met him there instead of us walking there together.

            I pushed open the door to my favorite coffee shop and found Harry sitting on his phone at one of the small tables. I walked over and Harry stood up when he saw me. I gave him a hug and inhaled his cologne. “How are you, beautiful?” he asked, pulling back and smiling at me.