Illegal - Part Six

helllo again everyone :) here's the last part! ENJOY <3

            I slowly opened the door to the principal’s office, my heart beating faster than it ever had before. Principal Moon sat at his desk and Harry sat in one of the chairs in front of him. “Maya,” Principal Moon said, nodding at me. He gestured to the seat next to Harry’s. “We need a few words.”

            I already knew what this was about. Harry sat stiff in the seat next to me, not looking over at me.

            “There have been rumors circulating around the staff and students about a hidden relationship between the two of you. Maya, do you agree or disagree with these rumors?” Principal Moon shot daggers at me. I glanced over at Harry who was staring at his lap. I wet my lips.

            “Um…” I stuttered.

            “Principal Moon, the rumors are true, I’ve been seeing Maya,” Harry spoke up. I looked over at him. “I know it was completely inappropriate and illegal and I knew the consequences but I still followed through with my actions. I’m very sorry.”

            My heart dropped as I stared at him.

            “Mr. Styles, do you know what this could do to your permanent record? You could go to jail.”

            Harry swallowed hard. “I know.”

            “Principal Moon, it wasn’t Harr- I mean Mr. Styles’ fault. If anyone is to take the blame for this it’s me. I pushed him too far, and I may have forced him to do things he didn’t want to do. Don’t fire him, he’s a great teacher. One of the best English teachers I’ve ever had. You probably won’t get a better one if you let him go. So if anyone should get punished, it’s me. I’m the guilty one.”

            Principal Moon looked between the two of us. “So there are two sides of the story here…”

            “It was me,” we both said at the same time. I leaned forward in my chair.

            “Maya,” Principal Moon said. “Mr. Styles is older than you, therefore he needs to take responsibility for his actions.”

            I felt myself start crying. Harry didn’t move.

            “You can’t fire him, I’m begging you, you can’t.” I looked over at the man who I considered my lover. “It’s not fair. He did nothing wrong. I had just showed him a story that I wrote and things got out of hand, but it was my fault. Not Mr. Styles’.”

            “Maya,” Harry whispered. I jumped up.

            “If you’re going to fire him, you’re making a big mistake because you won’t find another person who cares so much about his students and who can relate to them.”

            “Maya, sit down,” Principal Moon demanded.

            “No! Fuck this! Fuck all of this! Harry did nothing wrong! You can’t fire someone when they did nothing wrong!” Harry and Principal Moon both stood up. Harry took a step towards me.

            “Don’t you dare touch her,” Principal Moon growled at Harry.

            I was completely outraged right now. I ran into Harry’s arms, but he didn’t wrap them around me. “You can go to hell,” I growled at my principal, “because I love this man and you can’t tell me I don’t.”