Complications - Part Three

COMMENT WHATEVER RUDE THINGS YOU WANT TO SAY I'D LOVE TO HEAR DON'T HOLD ANYTHING BACK <3

            The next couple weeks consisted with more fighting over the smallest things and sleeping alone at night. I was always a crying mess after our fights because I could hear Harry leaving his apartment. I knew he was going to see whatever her name was.

            Magazines picked up on this too. I told Camille what had happened and that Harry and I were sort of still together but not really. She came over to comfort me after a couple big fights and I basically cried to her over the same things over and over again. I tried convincing her that he was cheating on me, but she didn’t believe me even when I knew it was the truth.

            I missed having Harry over just to cuddle and talk with me. He’d stopped coming to see me some days all together and all I really wanted to do was beg him to take me back. I already knew our relationship wasn’t going to get much better.

            It was when magazines found a picture of Harry kissing a pretty blonde girl at some party that I knew what we had was over. I was expecting it, really. I’d kind of accepted it. Girls who came to my work gave me looks as I helped them around the store. They could probably tell I looked like shit. One even asked if I was okay and I nearly burst into tears before I turned and walked away.

            If Harry was done with me, then I was done with him. It was as simple as that.

HARRY’S P.O.V.

            Maya<3: I just wanted to say I’m sorry for not being a good enough girlfriend. I understand if you don’t want to be with me anymore. You don’t have to come over to say hi anymore because you have made it pretty obvious that you’re done with me. It’s okay, it was nice being with you while it lasted. You’ll always hold a place in my heart. –Maya

            When I got Maya’s text as I was lying in bed watching TV, I started crying. I turned over in bed and put my arm out on the empty bed. I had never wanted her closer to me than I did right now. I rolled out of bed in my pajama pants and walked over to Maya’s apartment next door. I tried the door but it was locked. I knocked a couple times.

            I heard footsteps come up to the door and stop. I knew she was looking through the peephole. “Maya, I know you’re there.”

            Silence.

            “I’m sorry,” I said, looking straight at the peephole. “I miss you.”

            Still silence.

            “If you’d only let me explain-”

            “Explain the fact that you’ve been cheating on me?”          

            I bit my tongue. “Maya, please open the door. We really need to talk without getting at each other’s throats.”

            Maya slowly opened the door in her pajamas, her cheeks streaked with tears as well. She shook her head. “I already know. You don’t have to go into too much detail.” She turned around and walked into her apartment. I stepped inside and closed the door after me.

            “But Maya, you don’t know how bad I feel,” I started. She spun around on her heels.

            “Did you feel bad when you went to whatever her name’s apartment and hooked up with her? Did you feel bad while you were on top of her in her bed? Or when she was on top of you? Did you ever really think how it would make me feel? Because fuck Harry I love you and I’m sorry I’m not a great girlfriend and I’m not some sex goddess and maybe I don’t have a lot of money to buy you random gifts but I still love you. And it makes me feel like shit that you would do something like this because I thought you were different and you said you’d never leave me and that you loved me and that even though I was so inexperienced in bed that you loved me that much more anyway. So I get it, if you don’t want to be with me I understand because I probably suck as a girlfriend-” I cut her off with a kiss. I held her face in my hands and pulled back slowly.